Blank Slates and Bloody Lips

Blank Slates and Bloody Lips

A Story by Sir Altitude

I stare into the mirror for at least an hour, almost as if expecting my reflection to speak to me or something. My eyes slide in and out of focus, registering small, unimportant things that normally wouldn't stand out, like the fact that my eyes seem lighter than usual. I draw the curtains back and gaze outside, and the people and their cars are staring up at me, as well as the pigeons and trees. Someone, jumpstart my brain. Seems like it's just stagnating, this mass of thoughts and feelings that are going nowhere. Like trying to pour cement through a funnel, I can't get the words out. Indolence and lethargy are the enemies, brought on by the cold chill as well as my own mental gridlock. I need to arm myself against them, be it with the warmth of the coming seasons, or with exciting people who spark the soul. Maybe even both. This gray cityscape will always be my home, but as of late it feels like I'm a visitor who's seen it all. I need a change of scenery. Something to get rid of the undying fuzz and static that permeates me. I need the confusion to end. I need the freshness and inspiration as my constant companions once again. I keep saying that these are the things that I need, but really they're all just wants. My needs are far fewer, and much harder to attain.

© 2010 Sir Altitude


Author's Note

Sir Altitude
I abandoned all flourishes and wrote what was on my mind. Stream of consciousness type of thing....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Author

Sir Altitude
Sir Altitude

Elizabeth, NJ



About
Let's see...aspiring writer/journalist, in my twenties. I live in North Jersey, right across the Pulaski from the city. I enjoy penning stories and poems when I'm not suffering from writer's block...I.. more..

Writing