Superpowered Albino

Superpowered Albino

A Story by Sir Altitude

The rabbit felt the ample chill and frost gathering outside his door. What are you going to do, rabbit? You've got nowhere to run. I feel myself curl up in a ball and try to salvage whatever leftover heat I have, trying to prepare myself for the oncoming onslaught of senselessness. The floors, the doors, the ceiling, ALL of it reeks of contempt and various other foul emotions. One can only do so much to fight against it until he just becomes a part of it. Try to run rabbit, you never know, you might just make it out. They say no one runs faster than you can, but what do they know? They sit there, with everyone adoring them, with their stomachs full and their pockets lined. They know NOTHING of hardship! Look rabbit, your once snow white fur is starting to turn gray. What is the cause? Is it your age? No, that can't be, you're still young and plenty virile. Is it them? Finally getting to you, infecting you with their madness? Fight them! You must not give up, believe in yourself. What's that? It's been too long? You give up? Never! Don't bow to them. You've got to break free while you can, you can't let the cold envelope you in its icy grasp. I'll help you. Feel the fervor of my will, let my tenacity heat you up and bring energy to your muscles again. Together, we'll win. We will drive them back, back to the pits from whence they came.

One strike, two strikes, three!


The rabbit breaks through the ample chill and frost. He is bounding through the cold winter plains, somehow managing to jump over them, to utilize their second-long delay, taking advantage of their surprise. Here is your chance, rabbit! Show them what you're capable of, show these demons and their cold what you can do! A solitary tree looms up in the distance, and rabbit makes a beeline for it, knowing that if he could just get in....yes! The dying alabaster tones in his fur once again become unified and permeate him. His eyes regain the fire they once had. His hind legs feel spring loaded. He sees through the crack in the tree that they're still coming at him, full force. So rabbit barrels back through the massive trunk and slams into them, head on. A power struggle, you can feel the energy emanating between the two. One pure, one rotted, putrid. Rabbit thinks of all he's had to endure, and with one mighty headbutt, sends the vile things back into the ground.

Rabbit stands there, all alone again. Enjoys the silence and the warmth. The no longer foul smelling air. You fought bravely, rabbit. You fought for what you believed in, and now you reap your rewards. You will enjoy your solitude, and not a soul will bother you anymore. Rabbit takes off into the setting sun, recalling those spaghetti westerns that he used to watch, fancying himself to be Wyatt Earp. And as he heroically takes off, the ground begins to bubble once again...

© 2010 Sir Altitude


Author's Note

Sir Altitude
Probably influenced by a certain band that I love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was written well, and I enjoyed the read. A style resembling Michael Chabon.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Author

Sir Altitude
Sir Altitude

Elizabeth, NJ



About
Let's see...aspiring writer/journalist, in my twenties. I live in North Jersey, right across the Pulaski from the city. I enjoy penning stories and poems when I'm not suffering from writer's block...I.. more..

Writing