Slain

Slain

A Poem by Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)
"

I'm expirimenting

"

 

Slain
 
she battles eloquently:
                           hiding,            
                            darting,
     snapping.
 
in the thick brush of distraction,
her sharpest words      lying in wait,
 
then,
(bang!)            
         strikes and dominates my weakening will;
           
            mauling and devouring         every  
             offered           
               defense,
 
poised teeth at the straining    throat  of my quivering wants,
           
             and hot breath                        lapping           at the skin of my lust.
 
her awkward questions are empowered by their
 
strange shapes. . .
 
like a magnificent Felis serval takes it’s prey,
 
                                   no        escape             from    her      
                                slinky  
                                tangling;
                           instinctual         
                            fluid   
                         attacks.
 
what a graceful annihilation!
              What a lovely kill!
 
I am a most grateful victim.
 
as the struggle becomes an unplanned dance,
 
                                 I expose           my jugular
                                  and say,
 
                    “I love you.”

© 2009 Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)


Author's Note

Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)
It's like a new dance. Tell me if my moves suck.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Fluid is a good word. Engaging is another. I think it works. Especially the spacing and the way the lines move. That's my story. I enjoyed your imagination. Felis serval, I had to stop and think about that a minute. But, I think, that the final opinion about whether or not your moves suck probably comes from within your own home. Don't tell us how it works out for you. We probably don't like you that much. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow I really enjoyed this piece. I love the structure of it...like a dance, as you compare it to. Fits the emotion of the poem. Especially like the ending...I know how that feels, to expose yourself...in love...even if it means sure death ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very inventive- enjoyed the structure of the poem as well as theme- being sucked willingly in passionate lust and debauchery by a sultry psychic vampire. A fun and lively piece...

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a great one. I really enjoy the way you moved the words together and apart. Really the way you have the lines going back and forth, it is like a dance, between the attacked and the attacker.

the only thing I dislike about this poem, and it's not a big thing, is the title. I don't like it for some reason. take that for what you will.

'I expose my jugular
and say,

"I love you."'

right there, that gets to the crux of the matter.. cat, woman, whoever.. sometimes we know we're going to die and we do it gladly, just to be with them. even if they're the killer.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nicely penned write, I disagree with what emily says.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fluid is a good word. Engaging is another. I think it works. Especially the spacing and the way the lines move. That's my story. I enjoyed your imagination. Felis serval, I had to stop and think about that a minute. But, I think, that the final opinion about whether or not your moves suck probably comes from within your own home. Don't tell us how it works out for you. We probably don't like you that much. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2009

Author

Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)
Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)

Cleveland, TX



About
I'm as wired as a Kamikaze train wreck dance off in downtown Screamerville! When I write I try to leave this world behind and create a new dimension of words and other fresh organic ingredients. In ot.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


torture torture

A Story by bluessadmood


wonder wonder

A Poem by Mason Vail