black tied hands

black tied hands

A Poem by Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)
"

it's a poem of sorts.

"

black tied hands


bolts

stricken alive,

clockworks turned

steam whistles sang

I

sat soldered to the modern

metal bench


counted gritty mechanical butterfly pendants

and

faeries impaled on bronze lapel pins

of brown tweed geezer-beasts

waving paper money

as if to fan this

lovely inferno


back broken beauty

sweated kerosene

spit sparks

burned

slowly


“no, not his wife,

his girlfriend”

“not her. the other one”


thrice clicked heels

and

looking glass

delusions

asphyxiated

beneath richly bowed bellies and regal loose skin


preternatural wishbones

picked the yellowed fangs

of

disappointment


panic-flown feathers

cried ‘help’ through

decorative gags

“but, my,

doesn’t she look

rapturous!”

© 2010 Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)


Author's Note

Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)
Happy Easter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

to me this is just driving fast through the refinery....tossing out white phosphorus grenades as you go...... the whole thing seems to be a raucous frat beer party after midnight style to raise emotions...and then at the end raise a question for the readers value system to reappraise..... ok if you need this sort of whipping in the straightaway to sprint, and then a relief valve offered at the end.... not my cup of tea but I appreciate the vocab and work to string it together...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm not real sure where you were taking me with this work, but it truly was an interesting ride. Thanks for the trip.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Visceral and brutal imagery. I loved the layout, a rhythm like a heart monitor or the pounding of one piece of machinery on another. Best wishes,

Stephen

Posted 13 Years Ago


i had to read this twice because it was filled with depth but now i get it...the intoxication of domination and submitting....ahhh the power - the illusion of power we all succumb to at one point or another...good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


to me this is just driving fast through the refinery....tossing out white phosphorus grenades as you go...... the whole thing seems to be a raucous frat beer party after midnight style to raise emotions...and then at the end raise a question for the readers value system to reappraise..... ok if you need this sort of whipping in the straightaway to sprint, and then a relief valve offered at the end.... not my cup of tea but I appreciate the vocab and work to string it together...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, BDSM always looks rapturous for the Dom not so for the sub. The sub might pretend or even convince herself that this is amusing, yet she or he wouldn't go to their subconscious, where the answer is for this sort of desire for a serious ritual practice of BDSM is stored, everything else is "pseudo" what means just a refreshment of sexual life. It is even deeper, and even other reasons but who wants to know... it is utterly personal decision which kind of sexual practice people would tolerate. It is not Nobody is to blame; this exists utterly legal in all sorts of institutions - the power game and status game in churches, corporations, families, relationships... just see. I think to write about a personal experience is such a double edged sword. And if not a personal experience - then this is just "second-hand-information" and then just another opinion. In sense of poetry this was well-written. I enjoyed the intensity of the text (has nothing to do with sympathy for BDSM, of course.) thanks for sending me your RQ. Perhaps you like to read my poem, too?

well, I thought, I say this here, what I said in PM:
Well, let me tell you this: in my books BDSM is sexual discrimination yet on personal level. The society and the 3rd observer can't say anything about it unless it is about children or adolescent persons. For this way to practice sex - is their own will. That's why I said, very often the normal folks are insecure - which is just the end of the chain of endless neglectfulness in their families, social status, shelter homes... one hardly can gain strength when being threatened for years this way, and so they like to find a partner who is playing the game "I tell you what you have to do and when you do this - you get that." Also, when sexual abuse happened in the childhood they feel something like an urge to keep revisiting those places of the most horrible neglectfulness and threat just to find healing in the fact - well now it is not - for now I have control to decide what I need, but this is not so. It is very delicate topic; and to feel urge being the slave in the name of love or being the Dom in the name of love lies in the abyss of human cave of ID.. as psychologists would say... And as we know that we just see "what we want to see" they don't see their position that they step into danger - I mean - what is enough? BDSM has no boundaries, means, after a whiile people want to go somewhere else for what they've got is not simply enough anymore, sexual lust knows no boundaries. Only when there is true love and playfulness and freedom of both lovers they can find new and new games which are quite harmless and still have a high potential of lust. This is my own opinion. Well. Everything can be fun as an experiment and it is doom when it becomes a ritual. Yes, you are right: it is the utterly visceral destruction and every individual thanks goodness, has the right and the choice to say "No, we're not going there!" Basta, amen, aus- as I say, and he just can get f****** off, woman doesn't need a partner who would force her to do anything! But well, one also needs to develop this strength inside his/her chest - to say no and to see: real love is always unconditionally giving, without manipulation and tricks, never taking.

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoy the sense overload here, the tidbits of conversation and lightning-fast, vivid imagery.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had to read it twice, it had such a come hither way about it. The right sort of poem for a day like today.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010

Author

Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)
Freder Fredersen (aka Grady)

Cleveland, TX



About
I'm as wired as a Kamikaze train wreck dance off in downtown Screamerville! When I write I try to leave this world behind and create a new dimension of words and other fresh organic ingredients. In ot.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..