Tragic Love

Tragic Love

A Poem by SweetWriter88
"

This isn't really a stand alone poem but rather something I wrote for an upcoming book. I suppose you can read it alone though. Although it's probably not what you're expecting.

"

Erika. Eren.
We’re like light and dark trying to find their own way.


No.

Perhaps we’re more akin to the moon and sun, a tragic love story where the stars are meant to see but never touch.
I believe Shakespeare put it the best when he wrote Romeo and Juliet.


Please don’t get confused and try to understand that this relationship we have isn’t a ruse.
We know who we are, we’re just rare, or rather unheard of.
We had separate bodies, and then suddenly we had to share.

A sneeze brings out Eren, a cough brings out Erika.
A cold brings out us both.
Maybe Pamela had it right all those years ago; “You’ll be the sun and moon forever unable to touch.”
Our reply to her is still the same.


“The sun is the sun and the moon is the moon. One is bright and both hated and loved in equal volume. The other is darker and lives in the cool shadows, hardly ever seen but beloved by all who notice.”

Perhaps now we should add a difference.

The sun and moon have met and in a rare collision an eclipse was born. Forever covered by a dark hue, Erika and Eren embody the two.

Such is a sad love story, yet sweet in it’s own way.
Connected to whom you love, yet still, so far away.


© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you weren't too confused. This was written to gear people up for the actual book, but if you like it how it is, awesome! I love hearing your thoughts so please let me know how it was. Also, were you expecting what you read given the title?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A piece that can go in dual directions...kinda does. It's easy to relate to, but yes, it's an unfinished story that sounds better the deeper it pulls you in.

Thanks for the share

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SweetWriter88

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your review! I wanted it to be like an extended summary for my book, but it turned out to.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016
Tags: Tragic, Love, FrostyAngel, Book, Erika, Eren, Bodysharing, Unrequited

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing