Prologue-Those That Hide Away

Prologue-Those That Hide Away

A Story by Virtue
"

A prologue to a story, I have yet to decide to try and continue or not. I'd like to hear any opinions (though it is short).

"

The two children stood alone, looking up to the dark night sky. The little girl clenched her brother’s arm tightly, wanting only to hold onto him, to never leave his side. The little boy just stood still, tears glistening his eyes.  A star streaked the sky for a moment. But only for a moment. It was gone in an instant.


A lone tear escaped down his cheek, burrowing itself into his sister’s hair. The little girl’s eyes were clenched, as she leaned against her brother; a lone, broken figure. She shuddered as a sob passed by her closed mouth. A salty taste was on her lips. A solitary tear had slipped past her eyelashes, her composure slowly leaking.


The boy hiccupped and forced a deep breath in, but only for it to come out with a shaky whimper. Another tear dropped. He did not wipe it away; just let it slide down slowly, hoping it would ease the ache. He just let the tears flow as he watched the two figures begin to blend into the night. He opened his mouth as if to shout, but nothing came out.


“Don’t…,” a faint whisper escaped his lips, “…please…”


His sister sobbed audibly, shattering the silent, still night. She shuddered with every breath, her tears overflowing, the last of her strength evaporated. She sniffed and cried out, praying, hoping, and wishing, for the impossible.


“Come back…!” Was her only silent plea in the dark.


Her brother leaned forward, as if to chase after the vanished figures, an arm outstretched, reaching for something already lost. His sister shook her head against his shoulder, a soundless message. The meaning was clear, and yet, their vision was blurred. He knew though. So did she.


They would never come back.

© 2015 Virtue


Author's Note

Virtue
It may not be very fluid, considering it is an older story starter, but I thought that I could get some insight from others for it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015

Author

Virtue
Virtue

About
I don't write a lot (and I really haven't shared my writings much with others), but when I get the inspiration to write I am reminded of how much I love it. I fill my quiet time with music and books a.. more..

Writing
The Talisman The Talisman

A Poem by Virtue


What if...? What if...?

A Poem by Virtue