The Shadows

The Shadows

A Poem by GAN almighty
"

ah. this is just my cheap shot at poetry. you, see, i am not really a good poet, but it was worth the try.

"

I am a person hiding through the shadows
I wonder when will I ever see the light
I hear the laughters of people outside my realm
I see that flicker of hope shining somewhere
I want to be set free from my own prison
I am a person hiding through the shadows
 


I pretend to be someone I am not
I feel so hard it pains me inside
I touch my chains in my cellar
I worry that I won't ever see the light
I cry almost everyday and every night
I am a person hiding through the shadows
 


I understand that I have to break free
I say I just want to be myself, can't it be?
I dream of the day that I will truly be happy
I try to change day by day by day
I hope that I'll achieve things through my own way
I am a person hiding through the shadows

© 2009 GAN almighty


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So many people hide in the shadows afraid .. afraid they aren't 'good enough' as just themselves?
Many reasons. Your poem resonates with me as i have hidden in shadows for reasons ..
I enjoyed your poem .. nice imagery and metaphors.

Chloe

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow really good imagery! I definitley know how you are feeling. I think the majority of the people in this world feel this way even if they don't show it. good work! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great Job, this can hit home with alot of people. It did with me who is hiding throught the shadows. Hope to see more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice.
very relatable...especially for me.

it was pretty short, but you were able to tell a whole story and still leave it packed with emotions.

good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


cheap shot? this is good. i like how you set up the meter. it flows well. easy to read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is almost lyrical in the writing and could be set to music. A poetic confession that speaks volumes of how many of us feel. We walk through life with a mask and if it were removed, many would gasp at the truth hidden behind it. Hidden deep within the outside shell is a spirit that is held in bondage due to the fact that we cannot for some reason allow others to see the real person that dwells there. So the truth is hidden in shadows and not allowed to emerge. But maybe it is just a fear that we allowed to develope over one bad incident. Sometimes if we let this little shadow out into the light someone will suddenly say, "I have never seen this side of you before and I really like it." Sorry to disallusion you about your poem, I liked it! Keep writing, you do have a gift.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can relate to this , these feelings I used to have, It has been awhile now..that I have adopted new feelings ..I can't even say exactly when it go better.. it just did .. maybe it was age and time and frustration .. anyhow you know a poem is good when it is real to you.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2009

Author

GAN almighty
GAN almighty

Angeles City, Philippines



About
I have always regarded writing as one of my favorite things to do. But then again, I became lazy. A lot of things came up making me neglect and ignore my craft. Today, while browsing the net, I stumbl.. more..

Writing