Light and Dark part 1: Battle of good and evil

Light and Dark part 1: Battle of good and evil

A Story by Rika

Even in the greatest darkness there is always light.

 

 

They clashed in the twilight. One was dressed in death's cloak and the other with wings of an angel. As the sword hit the scythe on the rooftops, a curious little girl was wandering up the stairs to see what the noise was all about. A flurry of arrows made of light flew from the angel. The girl grabbed the handle and opened the door to see both of them. She first looked at the angel; she had never seen anything so bright and cleansing before. She then looked at the evil ; she saw sadness and despair. It was pure darkness. The evil spun his scythe, deflecting the arrows, and then vanished into the darkness. It reemerged from the shadows and tried to hit the angel with his scythe from behind, but the angel quickly turned around and blocked it with his sword. They started to fight in the air, the angel’s feathers gracefully descending from the sky.

 

"They're so pretty," the girl thought as they fell, although she felt certain sadness as well. She was not really sure why she felt this way, but she knew that the angel would prevail no matter what. She continued to watch as the battle went on. The evil used his shadow like it was the fine point of a needle and attacked repeatedly. The angel barely evaded each strike. The girl was amazed by what she was seeing. It looked like the fighting would never stop, but the girl looked more closely. They were both starting to get tired, even though neither wanted to stop.The evils shadow split apart into four, each with the strength of the original. They all took the hilt of their scythe and hit the angel with it slamming him into the wall.

 

 "Mr. Angel, are you okay?" she shouted, but he ignored her. Then, before she knew it, he was behind the evil. The angel knocked the evil to the ground with his sword before flying straight towards him. With one last breath he thrust the blade into the evil's body.  A shadow slowly crept over the angel. The girl thought it was the clouds blocking the moon, but the skies were clear. The moon was shining as brightly as ever. There was one thing the girl did not know the first time she saw the angel. His wings that glowed so brightly were once even brighter.

 


There is always light in the darkness, even if only a little bit. It’s the person’s choice to find it. His light was standing right in front of him.  

© 2013 Rika


Author's Note

Rika
If you want to read more or continue the latest part of this colab, go here http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/Light-and-dark-collab-/9512/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

GDM'

I found this story refreshing and delightful. I love how you told the story through the eyes of the little girl. Great imagery.

Have you considered allowing the little girl another line of dialog in the end? It might add dimension to the story.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, an epic battle if there ever was one! Fantastic!

Posted 11 Years Ago


GDM'

I found this story refreshing and delightful. I love how you told the story through the eyes of the little girl. Great imagery.

Have you considered allowing the little girl another line of dialog in the end? It might add dimension to the story.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1661 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on March 8, 2013
Tags: light, dark, angel, collab, darkness, glow, feathers

Author

Rika
Rika

NC



About
The Rainbow Basin :245 by *emperpep on deviantART Hi! im Rika! , i write still I guess l im a trans girl! I'm add, so i loose track of time very easily I love anime and manga. I am becoming.. more..

Writing
Everything Everything

A Poem by Rika


Fire Fire

A Story by Rika


My story My story

A Story by Rika



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..