Eulogy

Eulogy

A Story by Gareth Gray Hitchings
"

This is something that I have been working on since I was a teen. It's just a exercise in words.

"
Dear Death, 
How will the world remember me? Will it be with hushed tones? Or joyous laughter? Rolled eyes, or simply somber sounds of sadness? Whichever it is, I just want you to know that I regret everything. I am not a good person. I have done some terrible things to people who didn't deserve it. Loving those who didn't love me back, is one of my constant misdeeds.
I don't want to die single. I have been made to be a loner, by a conman mind. For whatever reason, my mind has always played tricks on me. Revealing things that I wanted to see. Showing me a world where I am not alone. Only to pull the rug out from under me at the last minute, by asking me, what can I give to them but heartbreaking disappointment.
Then there are those few times when it comes time to talk to those that I can see myself loving, Only to fond myself shying away from the world. Hiding myself away. The smartest dumbo in the room, a coward without a cause. I became a beaten and broken down old f****r before I hit twenty four.
Angry at a world that I blamed for making me feel like this. Furious that during childhood, one little slip of the tongue burned into my mind. Stopping me from repeating the same mistake again. I always have so much rage let out at the world, when in fact I was only ever truly angry with myself. I feared people, their possibilities - endless and unknown. Evil beneath angels faces, or were they just angels all along. That doesn't matter now, I made my bed, I'll lie in it, and know...
Whatever the weather, all I want, is not to die alone.

And now for something a little lighter.
There once was a girl called Charlotte,
Who acted a bit like a harlot.
She loved to sing and dance,
Then she pulled down my pants.
And I covered her face with my "Yogurt". (Not a true story)
There once a girl named Lacy,
Who blamed everything on me.
We kissed and cuddled,
Until everything got muddled.
And now she can go suck c**k under a tree. (Most of it's true)
There once was a girl named Sally,
Who wanted more than I could be.
We had a great time together,
Loving each other,
And then she chose someone else over me. (Some of it's true)

© 2017 Gareth Gray Hitchings


Author's Note

Gareth Gray Hitchings
Do what you do. This was a little bit of a way to get over writer's block.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 30, 2017
Last Updated on June 30, 2017
Tags: Death, Fun, Thoughts, Feelings, Dark

Author

Gareth Gray Hitchings
Gareth Gray Hitchings

United Kingdom



About
I'm just trying to get them out. The works of the one given to the many. We are writers, it's what we do. Creating world's, people, and situations. Its a thing. more..

Writing