Outstretched

Outstretched

A Poem by GG
"

It is about two objects of nature that want to grow and support each other, however one is much farther than the other and it's a problem

"
A precious stone, gone unnoticed by a surrounding formation, is weighed down by life's purpose. A moss covered boulder sits upon the same range. It's Vine takes notice and grow closer to the precious stone, the moss covered boulder is on its own peak, finding stability on its own, however the precious stone lays upon a peak no vine of its could reach, outstretched the moss covered boulder's vine grow across the sky. If it were to grow anymore without support, the vine would fall and break away, leaving the moss covered boulder to its own peak, and the rest of its vines. The precious stone has many vines that connect with the same minerals in the range that the moss covered boulder is attached to, none of which are in bloom. But it is the vines that connect and stretch to that moss covered boulder that are not stretched out. Only by the outstretched vine of the precious stone can the two be connected and grow stronger. It is at a point where only one side has showed signs of blooming. It is a bit early because only when the precious stone's vine stretches out can the vines grow together and blossom. As one side has been slowly inching its way across the sky, the distance is great and the moss covered boulder cannot tell the length of with the precious stone's vine has grown. There is little more that the vines of the moss covered boulder can stretch without falling and breaking and is stuck in limbo, swaying in the wind until support from the other side takes hold or retracts.

© 2017 GG


Author's Note

GG
I'm terrible at making things deep, but the vines are relationship/friendships. If it were to fall and break there would no longer be a friendship. Blooming is shown for love. Peaks are the persons goals and stability in life, range is meant to mean the same circumstances are happening to people in the same range.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on February 18, 2017
Last Updated on February 18, 2017
Tags: Love, feeling, longing, tired, care, beating, heart, wishing, fulfilling, outstretched, moss, boulder, stone, precious, loving, date, dare, retract, hold

Author

GG
GG

About
Student more..