Bare Breasted Avatars

Bare Breasted Avatars

A Story by a Messenger
"

This essay is my opinion about the recent dissension on the Cafe over a couple of avatars.

"

    I am quite puzzled by all the furor lately over something as insignificant as a bare breast.

    The arguments against the avatars seem to be that exposed breasts are s****y and that exposed breasts are, in some way, harmful to the younger writers here on the WC.

    Fifty years ago bare breasts were considered s****y, but so were hemlines above the knee, tight clothing of any kind, and two piece swimsuits. Society has grown up some in the last fifty years and mini-skirts, tight jeans, going braless, and thong bikinis have all become acceptable. So, for the most part, have exposed breasts.

    What is the big deal about a woman's n*****s anyway? Men have that same one inch circle of darker flesh yet no one complains when a man exposes his. It's just another example of the ridiculous double standard we have not yet overcome.

    And what about the argument that exposed breasts are harmful to our younger writers? That's very doubtful at best.

    Most, if not all, of our younger writers have seen dozens of nude breasts by the time they reach middle school, if not up close and personal, then on TV and in the movies. If they've been to the beach even once they have seen at least 99% of many bared breasts.

    I think we need to be much more concerned that our children will be harmed by the blood, gore, and violence they are subjected to. We need to be concerned about their easy access to alcohol and drugs which ruin many young lives.

    In my sixty-two years, including those I spent in law enforcement, I have never encountered anyone whose life was ruined by the site of a n****e.

© 2008 a Messenger


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, and they are also going over children's shows like Sesame Street with a fine-toothed comb because they have deemed it "inappropriate" for young audiences; I mean, it even has a disclaimer now! The Cookie Monster can't eat cookies anymore because that promotes poor eating habits in a country where childhood obesity is such a problem; Oscar the Grouch can't be green any more or live in a garbage can because he's too mean; and oh the horror! Big Bird was riding bikes with kids without helmets! I think we are trying to over-coddle ourselves & our children & I really wish I knew why.........I kinda think my generation might have something to do with it though :-P

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aww, the little cry babies are afraid of something natural. I'm really not sure how dangerous breasts can be. I feel sad for this society that is so bent up over something so innocent. A woman is beautiful. Fear of nudity is not one's own fear, it's imposed. We really need to start challenging our own fears because underneath all that fear is desire and possibly, acceptance. Fear what you have decided for yourself to fear. Do not fear what others blindly and passionately taught you to fear. My breasts are beautiful.

Thank you for this, Messenger.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you have a very good point. Me being one of the younger members of Writers Cafe i agree with you. I know a lot more than what bare breasts expose so it does no harm to me. By the age of 12 most children have seen more than breasts! Very good Piece and thanks for expressing your views so openly.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



I admit, I am a bit old fashioned. When it comes to others showing their breast, I honestly don't care, but if my sixteen year old daughter showed hers, I don't think I would be so carefree about the situation. I would probably, lock her in her room until she was 18....lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece and you are oh so right. If many more people were up front and honest about the "real" problems in life- anatomy isn't such a shock. So what if people have n*****s. i'd hate to see censorship like this. There will eventually be censored field trips to farms becase a pen full of piglets are suckling on their momma pigs- gasp!- teets... I sooooo agree. Plus if members on here are old enough to write then one little picture shouldn't be such a big deal.

Great entry! Way to get people talking!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are a lot of things that I could say, but it's just this: I love this! :) You are wonderful.

Love,
Stephanie

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

lmao: In my sixty-two years, including those I spent in law enforcement, I have never encountered anyone whose life was ruined by the site of a n****e.
Bravo!!!! You make me want to run out and bare my breasts! lol
I guess I missed all the hubbub here in my little corner of the cafe....although I did have one friend mention it only due to her reading at work and not wanting to get caught with a naked picture on her screen in her State office. Otherwise...it's all gone right over my little ol' head. It's true..younger people do frequent these pages....and like you said...I'm sure they found Playboy somewhere long before coming around to WC. If not, well....so now they know. I remember the first time I saw a set of naked breasts. I was taken by a neighbor to a swimming club and when we came back into the changing room there was a woman bent down and her ample b***s were hanging in the wind. Some things are etched in the mind forever, what can I say? lol
I don't agree with DJ's who put out WOW bumper stickers...meaning Whip em Out Wednesdays for girls to bare their breasts. If we want to we can, but we shouldn't feel obliged just cuz somebody wants us to. Besides, that's what spring break and Mardi Gras and Girls Gone Wild are for. : )
Perhaps it's time to ressurrect my B***S poem from the ashes....
Thanks for sharing this. Perhaps....if nudity does really offend people or put them off...they could censor (ack!) the pics so you can CHOOSE to click on it to reveal the nudity. But....well....at least their using their UPPER halves!!!! I for one prefer to keep my pornagraphy separate from my art, but that's just me. : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I always wanted to walk around topless.... I think cause boys could do it.... Hmmmm..... This essay has a good point to it... Great job.... great point.... :D

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

When I was in sixth grade our class was working on a geography/anthropology project. Because I had grown up with National Geographic I though nothing of the beautiful paintings that had women with bare breasts, and even bare bodies, depending on the culture. It was a shock when my teacher confiscated my geographic just because of the paintings of the bare breasted women and the boys in class laughed. Then she called my mum to come down to school. Ahhhh... the first thing a child sees it the mother's breast. Methinks too many people get fixated on some oral stimulation concept.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
I wrote 3 different poems on Breasts!!!........all of which were a huge hit!!!.......(u wont find them now coz the writing was lost when the admin. lost everybody's writing).......so i dont like double-standards....enjoy reading about breasts, but then abuse those who have an avatar showing breasts.....btw....what are they doing looking at it in the first place?

nice place to view ur thoughts and u did it well......
and ur last line is funny!! ahahaha

x,
O!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, that's so true how the way you see things like that, I mean, I've known some guys who are so obsessed with women's breasts (sadly, I love 'em, but not that crazy) And you're right, we do need to focus on something far more important than just a "nude"; The influeances of the negative things such as the drugs, alcohols, and so on. I'm a father and I worry too much about my son whenever he's not with me. That goes the same for being an uncle of several nieces and nephews, I worry about them, too as well...

Anyway, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feel this way, so thank you for speaking up like that...


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2008

Author

a Messenger
a Messenger

FL



About
I'm back. New name and profile, but less confusing than having two under the same name. I hope! G. Harrison Quay is gone and a Messenger is born. If you were one of my friends before, ple.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..