If I'm Being Honest

If I'm Being Honest

A Story by Gabby Nieves
"

Something I wrote a while ago but since I haven't posted a f*****g thing in like months here you go.. you being whoever is possibly still reading.....

"
being with him was like every poem I wish I could have written,
but could never fathom into words.
~~~~~~~
February 19, 2016 1:30 PM
The afternoon breeze whistled in through his bedroom window, reminding me that I was real and all the moments of my life had led me to this exact moment. The smell of the air, fresh like clean cotton and childhood memories. Birds singing. Water trickling from the fountain in the lake. I'm sorry to tell you but there was never any beginning to this story, if time is only a figment of our imaginations, I'm not sure a beginning was ever necessary. It was more like I existed in a parallel universe where every step I've made was an inch closer to my fate, but somehow nonexistent. I never spent much time worrying about how everything came to be so perfectly synced, but if you listen close enough you'll hear the answers. The empathetic sound in between the air and your skin, where you feel like everything- (only for a second) is exactly where it should be. The calmness of a train racing past like ten thousand people in one room talking all at once, and the only voice you hear is in the eyes of the person you love. It settled me to know not everyone realizes when the room gets dim at unexpected times, in the middle of a classroom filled with twenty something people, and I the only one taken back by the way the clouds moved effortlessly along the sky. It all reminded me of his hands, the way his veins stuck out when he held the steering wheel. Each line indenting itself into one infinite human being, I fell in love with every single mark on his body. The way his fingers felt wrapped in mine. He moved just like the clouds, peacefully changing the sky. And I existed merely on Earth, a spectator in awe of all his beauty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to run through a field of grass screaming at the top of my lungs, exulted by the madness of human error. I wanted for us to ride carelessly far away from what we're used to, taken back by the roar of the engine, the beast, the Devil. I loved every second of his presence, every moment spent inhaling rubber tires and gasoline, no words could ever fit together to do it justice. And if only he knew I never truly had any idea of freedom until he held my hand and took me out into the calm midnight ocean. Standing on the sand filled floor, drunken with passion as he looked into my eyes, and even though he didn't say anything, I knew he felt it too.

© 2016 Gabby Nieves


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think people dream of having something like this written about them.
Surely, he must know how lucky he is.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Unforgiven Guy

7 Years Ago

One day there will be a guy who won't give up on you, whatever happens.
Gabby Nieves

7 Years Ago

yeah, that's what they say haha
Unforgiven Guy

7 Years Ago

Eh, you're only like 20. I had a full decade on that when I got married. Patience, padawan, lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 25, 2016