Listen for awhile

Listen for awhile

A Poem by Gabby The GAB
"

Random thoughts

"

To the person reading this, Good day!
You’d happen to be part of this endeavor of mine.
Let me tell you my thoughts about something random.
So hard to find someone to talk to right now.
Let it be you and please listen.
I just want someone to listen to what I’m about to say.
Let’s not joke around for a moment.
Yes, for the people who’ve seen me, I’m doing great, right?
Yes, I’ve been smiling in my everyday life.
Yes, I’m cool with almost everything.
A chill person to be precise, right?
No problems and no struggle, goals?
Well I was not what you expect me to be.
I had struggles too, but way serious than what you had in mind.
So I guess things are not always what they first appear to be, right?
There’s a story I really wanted to tell. *listener not found*, woops.
Everyone thinks I’m funny. Well, I’m a living joke.
Me getting serious? That’s a joke.
See? Even I think it’s a joke but it ain’t funny man.
Not everything I do is joking, sometimes it’s what you call sarcasm.
My sense of humor is too high, you can’t cope with it any longer.
Unless, you wanted to listen to me first.
It's because you generalized my whole attitude in what you’ve seen me doing.
Talk to me and learn something from me.
I really wanted to know you, atleast you should know me too.
A simple fact can be tainted with a simple doubt.
You doubt because you don’t understand.
You fought someone, because of a… misunderstanding?
Did it start with a doubt? I guess it does.
So I guess you should listen before speaking.
Sometimes it’s best not to think anything or judge, just listen.
I’m writing but not talking, and the topic is listening.
This is too random, it doesn’t connect to anything at all, or does it?
Well if you want to talk about it.
Meet me where the sun grazes the ocean.
Where both wind and water touches the ground.
When all comes around, beneath the willow on the mound, I will rest my weary head for a while.
Thank you for listening… reading*



© 2020 Gabby The GAB


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This sounds like it was written from the heart. You start out as if any old reader will be a good enuf audience to hear what you have to say. It gives me the feeling this narrator might be a lonely person or a someone with little self-confidence. The first half, it sounds like the narrator is a little apologetic or shy. But then halfway thru, it feels like some judgmental lines are being thrown down, as if anyone who might be reading falls into this category of people who have let the narrator down in life. I get the idea that this person is driving people away by being so critical & demanding. We can't demand how people listen to us or how people treat us. We can only control our own actions, trying to cope with how these situations happen in life. If this is a portrait of a person who has issues, then you've done a great job of showing different layers. If this is actually YOU, I think you could attract more friendly listeners with honey, than harsh vinegar (((HUGS))) Fondly Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

5 Years Ago

To start off, my thoughts at the time when I was writing this, was occupied by the people being judg.. read more



Reviews

Quite an interesting style, like a persuasive soliloquy or sorts. Much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing, /Frederick.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Smells like military intelligence. A gathering of individual lines meant to afflict an overall purpose. Well done, well executed.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes writing all the random thoughts makes it clear and visionary. Why do you have a thought? A moment or a certain mixed feeling while thinking. Maybe random thoughts just help you understand your humanness and I think this poem resonates it. It's beautiful.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

2 Years Ago

Emotions really do work wonders. It has been awhile, things have really changed since I wrote this o.. read more
This was extremely captivating, real, and honest. I loved reading every second of it! Thank you for sharing your poetry with us, friend! 100/100

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

3 Years Ago

It's a pleasure that my poetry is affecting people that way, really appreciated, thanks for the swee.. read more
You just taught me a lesson, I sincerely thank you for opening up my eyes.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

3 Years Ago

Thank you for the sweet review, happy new year and have a nice day! :)
" I really wanted to know you, atleast you should know me too.
A simple fact can be tainted with a simple doubt.
You doubt because you don’t understand. " These lines are amazing 😍.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

3 Years Ago

Thank you Yve! :))
Yve

3 Years Ago

You're welcome 😊
Your random thoughts brought me to this site. Have not been here ever, but I shall stay. Perhaps I shall share some of my own. Thanks for dragging me here without even noticing it, and thanks for your thoughts which in the end is our only true possession.
On an extended note, I must say that words at the end reminded me of someone. Someone I los and I dearly hold close to my heart. Thank you also for that, truely.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

3 Years Ago

How are you? Sorry for replying tooooo late. A pleasure to have that kind of effect on you. Have a n.. read more
A very relatable message that actually moved me to tears---the start made me smile as it was cute how it was directed at the reader, but as I went on, my eyes welled because the message struck home. I and I'm sure others hide our true selves or put on a brave front, but in reality, we all just want to be heard or seen in the sense that "this is me" or "I see you." This reminds me of a short conversation in an art appreciation class I took, about how an artist simply sat at a table and one person would sit across from her. It seemed silly to call this "art," but many people who sat down actually were moved to tears because she looked at them directly in the eye, giving them a human connection. In a world ruled by technology and social media, this face to face, or simply personal and raw, human connection can be missing. Perhaps you've heard of this artist, maybe not. But I enjoyed how you engaged the reader in an open and honest way and made it feel like we were talking. If I had any critique, and it's very minor, it's that the imagery in the last few lines weren't necessary in the sense that it broke that feeling of talking face to face. It turned into more of a typical poem where even if the content is personal, in that poetic form, there's a fine wall that separates the reader. But even then, perhaps it's a very fitting ending as it felt like the "speaker" was moving away or withdrawing after being candid. It connects to the idea of wanting to be heard/opening oneself up and yet hiding or putting on a mask.
Lastly, I liked those little asterisk * inserts, they added personality to the poem--again, as if it was someone speaking directly to me.
Thank you for making me think, I truly enjoyed this~ :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

5 Years Ago

The way you put it like my poem moved you to tears is rare for me. I don't often connect with people.. read more
Chryiss

5 Years Ago

Perhaps I was moved that much because I related a lot. Then again, it might be due to my interpretat.. read more
Another wonderful piece, and once again I found a place of serenity in a world full of doubts. I took my time to try and listen, and most likely will have to try again. All I want to say is listening is almost always better then speaking. It took me awhile to learn this, but this reminded me that maybe in my own life I need to stop and listen before I speak. Once again wonderful words.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

5 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! just expressing some random thoughts :D
You really made me sit and listen to your thoughts. Sometimes when one does not find words to express the emptiness this is how they feel and you have voiced that very aptly. Hope you are feeling better.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gabby The GAB

5 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, just random thoughts.
Najam Us Saher

5 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8162 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 19, 2018
Last Updated on May 27, 2020

Author

Gabby The GAB
Gabby The GAB

Philippines



About
Each piece contains a dot of what you're looking for. Care to connect the dots? :) more..

Writing
Poem Poem

A Poem by Gabby The GAB



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..