Writer

Writer

A Story by Gabriel Soberanis

Since I been here I read a lot of stories of writers. From how to live as a writer and pay bills, going through the “dream” of being a writer, abandoning after seeing the “truth” about it. Until the most perfect articles to be the next billionaire and success writer.


In all of those post, I noticed something that is missing in almost all of them, and if I'm going talk about all of those opinions and experiences, I think is fair tell you my story too. I will try to avoid all kind of trips, adventures or situations that showing something special or outstanding about me. Because as I have always believed the duty of a writer is to talk about life itself. Take all, real and imaginary things and give them to all of people who wants read them and provoke all kind of things: dreams, feelings and sensations. Is not about a biog-raphy or a cult to a writer.


Since I remember I was surrounded by books, at first the illustrations attracted me to them but as soon as I could I wanted to know what these images represent and since that time my life changed in a way that sometimes continues surprising me.


I made incredible journeys at hand of Jules Verne characters. At that time the futuristic facts of his novels didn’t impress me, but know I understand it was a work of a genius closest to necromancer.


I grow with the tenets and believes of “Don Quixote”, a mad-man who teach us that do the things for right reasons maybe is hard, almost impossible and can hurt us but ennobling and make us sleep well.


I could see the deepest fears that lives in human heart and how they forces us to be “good” only to avoid the punishments of “The Divine Comedy” but not for the justice or make the right.


I learned how the most simple questions and phrases reveals the most honest feelings in all of us and how we avoid to be like “The Little Prince” in the name of maturity.


I saw the greatest devotion, pain and love of a man for her true and dead love, when Edgar Allan Poe transformed his soul in “The Raven”.


I was scared for “the monster” created for Mary Shelley. Who should be hunted down until the end of the world. Only to discover years later than that monster is always inside of us.


I dreamed with the sea inside of the boat of “The Old Man and the Sea”. Whit him I understood wisdom, knowledge and experience doesn’t come if it is old or not. It’s only necessary want and LIVE everyday with intensity and take that risk.


All of those writers plus much more like: Herman Melville, Mark Twain, H.P. Lovecraft, Aldous Huxley, etc. Shows me the path of the writer, one that nobody knows or don’t want to see. The life and work of the writer is WRITE. Maybe sounds silly, stupid or obvious but it’s not like that.


The writer gives everything he has, is his duty. Give his experiences, his fantasies, his feelings. Share the stories, the adventures of the people he knows in his way. Accepts the joy, the pain, the loneliness, the deception and transform them in words for the people who want to read us.


In the same way represents a hard life, sometimes shorter than that of other humans, it’s only necessary know the biography of the most famous writers of history who were recognized after dying.


Knowing that, with all of the fear than that meant to me, I decided been one of them. As all of you, of course I would like to be rich and famous. The unique problem is I can’t be like modern writers are. I can’t write by choosing one of the “top ten topics” only to attract readers although these don’t have soul or meaning. I can only write about the things I found in the road.


I can’t make the next “Young novel saga” only because is what the market wants. I only share what life gave me across the years. Knowing all of this and the risk of this decisions is the way I decided to live.


From here to there, making a lot of different things that found in my way. Learning and knowing good and bad people. Crying and laughing, abandoning the things that seemed important one day. Some-times in good tables, sometimes starving. Offer to my love the unique things I have, my writings and the unique thing I am, a writer, waiting be enough for her.


Always writing, is the true. Trying to be the chivalry, the Little Prince. Being the Fisher, trying to see the future. Avoiding to be the Frankenstein monster and looking to feel the greatest possible love as Poe did it.


This is my story and maybe I can never be like you. I con-gratulate all of you that are in the way to be the next greatest writer of the era with a well-planned novels, with the right marketing, with a great cover and the popular topics. I wish you the best of success and fortune, sorry if I can’t accompany you, but I am a writer, one of a kind that maybe shouldn’t exist anymore.


Gabriel Soberanis

© 2018 Gabriel Soberanis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Gabriel Soberanis
Gabriel Soberanis

Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico



About
Writer: El Laberinto de los Demonios, Parallel Journeys, Whispers in the Darkness, Videojuegos: Una Historia que Contar, Goliat, Azul, La Gran Maquinaria more..

Writing