The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns

The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns

A Story by urbanbooks
"

“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering."

"

Be careful what you wish for is the theme of this story. Lucy Burns made a pact with the devil and now she carries out his wishes, although she now wishes for some other things in life. She has very few friends and what she tells people about herself varies from person to person. Each year on her birthday she receives a gift, eternal youth, Teddy Nightingale albums or some such gift, but she is not allowed anything relationship based. Lucy can sleep with all the men she wants but she can never have a boyfriend, if she does start to get serious, her pucks. The good part for her is that she has a great body and will never grow old, although that also begins to lack appeal.

Throughout the story Lucy does have a twinge of conscience but it is more for her than for others and it is through this twinge of conscience that she decides she wants a normal life. At a concert by Teddy Nightingale, Lucy finds out how she can be relieved of her job as facilitator and sets her plans on a faster track particularly after she meets Luke Marshall. Lucy has to find 54 evil souls to meet their deaths early and find her replacement. She also has to entice one target, a person of good character.

© 2011 urbanbooks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm, a twist to an familiar story.One that never really gets old in the telling. Looking forward to seeing your spin on things. "if she does start to get serious, her pucks. " I figure a typo, but still get the idea. keep going, I am eager to enter your realm an find adventure!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sounds pretty interesting, i'd read it if I didn't have an insanely nervous disposition when it comes to these subjects...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011

Author

urbanbooks
urbanbooks

Tulsa, OK



About
Gaeth is the author of a variety of novels, novella’s and short stories spanning multiple genres of romance – Dark paranormal, fantasy, historical, contemporary and erotic. An only child,.. more..

Writing