Michael

Michael

A Poem by Onatah
"

War is not honorable. It is a sad thing, and should only be waged when necessary. I learned from a friend. Thanks Coyote.

"


And all these factions do claim truth with words of rubbish, but there is a Principle that I do salute, that I do Admire, for it is my Faith, and my Faith lies in the Truth. That Principle is He in His Entirety. In His undeniable Truth, a Truth subjected to every test of Man, a race made in His image, bent and contorted to a horrible disfigurement. The blasphemous image that Man does now display! What abomination!

But I show no fear, for I have no fear, for in the Faith of Yahweh I do abolish those fiends who deny Him. And deny Him they will! For pride offers such a twisted version of reward, that even a Prince has fallen to its succor. Such cowardice in the heart of mine own brother, his heart ensnared with violence [with iniquity], his Fate written; his sentence carried out. And these vain tears I shed for him serve him no redemption, for the watered seed will grow, but no such seed remains in his heart.


© 2011 Onatah


Author's Note

Onatah
A small clipping from the diary of Michael the Arch Angel. He is expressing his sorrow for his lost brother, Lucifer, and his disgust for what Man has become.

A journal entry should seem natural. That is exactly why I used poetic form. You see, "natural" to man would be exactly that; the flow of thoughts as they come about. However, I wanted to express the "nature" of the divine as being different from man. A being that is so divine could not possibly have the same nature as man...

For Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Theres a depth to it.. The wording is amazing and comes across very well !!

As for the description , I agree and not only in the sense of Armed wars b/w countries but also life's personal battles !! How complicated everything gets when we'er out waging wars with each other, esp those silent wars !!

They're just a waste of time and energy !! Best avoided !!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
This carries with it the depth of time itself. An intriguing write, and most thought provoking. Excellent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was really great, I enjoyed it a lot. It was deep and very powerfully worded.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very creative entry. Do you plan on doing more with this idea?

Posted 14 Years Ago


It IS sad.The feeling of loss expresses itself in many branching forms.Those forms,I think,are perfectly exhibited here.

Your writing is very emotional,whether it comes from yourself or your observations of others.

Thank you for sharing this piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amazing word choice, and it flowed like a poem.. Great job.. you might consider posting the whole book someday.. :) Keep writing, your pen creates the most amazing things...

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a really amazing write! Despite it's brevity, I found this piece to be quite complex. I thought that you did a fantastic job in expressing your thoughts about war through the eyes of Michael the Arch Angel. This was a really thought-provoking write! Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful Strong and Flowing i love it nice work here

Posted 14 Years Ago


great job. i just posted something about war myself lol. (weird) anyway. I really liked this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice. Very dynamic

Posted 14 Years Ago


The message here is deep; there's no denying that.
The language, however, seems a bit forced. I feel like the narrator was trying to write like this even though he doesn't normally. If this is a journal entry, as you say, the writing should be much more natural.
Despite my questions as to the authority of who deems war necessary and religion, the poem brings up valid points as to how "twisted" man has become. You've done a good job putting this view into a piece that seems to be very powerful to many of the readers.
This poem doesn't touch me in quite the same way - probably because it raises such questions.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1062 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Innovations Innovations

A Poem by Dev


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Smilin' Smilin'

A Poem by Dev


Helena Helena

A Poem by Tate Morgan