What did we give up?

What did we give up?

A Poem by Onatah
"

Do you ever wonder?

"
Did those branches in the days of Adam have thorns? From what would they need protection? And did those branches reach down gracefully in the sight of Adam to deliver it's sweetest fruit to that perfect Image of God? Did he, Adam, a prince given everything, who named the creatures of the earth, ever envy the single fruit denied to him?

With what amount of grace did the serpent roam before it was cursed to crawl on it's belly? How kind was the lion before he became proud and ate his brother en?

Is there anything left of that place? Are there still fruits that resemble those from The Garden? What colors did He take away from the land?

© 2011 Onatah


Author's Note

Onatah
Do you ever cry over such wonders as I do?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Personally, I believe that the story of Adam and Eve is intended to be symbolic in nature as well as the serpent... But I enjoyed this very much and it certainly arouses mystery and curiosity...

You force the reader to think both critically and creatively... A sure sign of excellent art. Wonderful flow, too.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very interesting questions posed here. Definitely thought provking. Well chosen words. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are always more questions than answers but I also agree with Apollonia, I believe the story of Adam and Eve is more symbolic than literal. This made the reader pay attention and I liked that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


you have a wonderful mind..i believe the symbolic snakes are always here, as
are those reaching for perfection. great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"Is there anything left of that place? Are there still fruits that resemble those from The Garden? What colors did He take away from the land?"
Very thought provoking indeed!
One day we shall get an answer to all of your question; I do believe.
Nice work!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm, makes you think about how we're destroying our world. How our kind is selfish by nature and doensn't think about the consequences. But also, its how we're sheltered as children from the world around us in an effort to protect our innocence. When we see the things around us as we get older, we want to be doing those deeds to try and fit in. Just like the forbidden fruit, we're not allowed to touch it, only look but at our own stupidity do we curse ourselves.

Posted 14 Years Ago


As most others have said, this poem is definitely thought provoking and sparks curiosity. You did a good job in making a reader actually stop and think about things.
It was honestly wonderful to read. One of my favorite parts had to be about the serpent, "With what amount of grace did the serpent roam before it was cursed to crawl on it's belly?" It truly makes you wonder.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very thought provoking. I often wonder, too, what life could be like where it a paradise. Life without pain and nothing but beauty, but we'll never know. :/

Great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm, this poem really makes me think, with all the question you tied in here, each one makes me stop and wonder for just a bit. I really love pieces that can make me do that, it makes it worthwhile to read. I enjoyed this very much, keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow... I have always wondered the same about Adam and Eve, but would never been able to voice it as you have... Very thought-provoking... Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is pretty cool. It gives a different perspective on the story for sure. I especially like the cursed serpent bit.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1075 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 10, 2010
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Helena Helena

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan