Psychosis of Esmerelda

Psychosis of Esmerelda

A Poem by Gary H
"

Many thanks to Edgar Allan Poe and Natalie C, without whom this would not have appeared.

"
Esmerelda


Rationality transmutes to invisible,
Periods of pertinacity emerge from my disposition,
Reminiscence of sensations
I recourse with retinence to deny desire,
Living in corrective exactitude
I am the embodiment of elevated endurance,
Circumspection designing nuances of a consummate indication
Observing my vogue of a deviant predicament.


Prospection discriminates through light,
Presurmising recognition of an untrodden guise,
Encountering this inexpressible desperation,
Reacting in an instant I undertake to confide,
Pressing forwards on indifferent sharpened engrave,
To succour a disclosure of concealed assertions.


Disenchantments are expurgated, flushed afar
Whilst endeavouring the discover of symmetry,
Internal in fissures of capricious existence,
Plundering transcendental until no resistance
Retaining an everlasting gaze,
Attentive to liquidity flowing,
Fulfilling a pulsation of enduring vitality.


Scarlet rust, viscous fluid,
No occasion did I solicit my retrospections
That this prevelance would hitherto propound
A power within this eternally severed sufferance,
Impudently persuing this sombre passage
Penetrating into a cosmos so precarious.


Prohibited sympathiser, so silent,
Charmer of my affections,
You grip and possess me.
Ligature binded with longing, you have decieved me,
Impetuous for your enravishment,
Now relinqished in the unilluminated
Only visible as the emanation of a breathing immolation
Exposed, alone, cloaked forever in captivated crimson.

© 2008 Gary H


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have a complete volume of Poe, but am yet to reach the poetry because the stories are slowing me down; I can't handle more than about two a day, because his style sometimes irritates me. I bought it FOR the poetry though, so I really should hurry up...and it was because lots of reviews on the Cafe kept referring to him, comparing the work of others to it.
So I can't yet comment on how 'Poe-esque' I felt this to be.

Good flaunting of an extensive vocabulary; the resonance of all these words and phrases was pretty cool."Endeavour[ing]" is used in the third and fourth stanza - if not deliberate, I suggest finding an alternative for one of them; the repetition stands out because so much effort has gone into creating a piece consisting of lesser-known words.

Overall, good work.
Cheers for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i found the wording spectacular although it seemed too much in one place....maybe thats just me
.......i thnk i need to learn a few new words lol
anyways i thought it was great
~wandering soul~ xx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hear this in ...

v1 ... Ra - rem -em - mate - ment
v2 ... Rim - rec - rod -press - des - act - ache - a*s
v4 ... Sca - st - scous - sion - sol - spect - tions - sev - suff - nce - su -som - a*s - cos - os - us
v5 ... ib - it - is - il - ip - ig - in - ing - im - ish - in - ish - ill - in - is - ion - im - ion - in - iv - im

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well you've certainly captured the essence of Edgar Allen Poe in this poem, very well done! what really made this a Poe poem is the extensive vocabulary, which makes this poem very creative and intelligent. very well done with this i could swear that it was Poe and wrote this poem, not many people could write like him but i think you are the closest. well done! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I read it, and although words fascinate me, and some of these were both interesting and obviously put together with much care and I am sure, comprehension, the finished product all but left me with a psychosis of my own. Too much for my feeble brain, I fear. I am sure I must have missed something and as I toss and turn, robbed of my former faultless eight hour sleep pattern, wrestle with words I've never heard before, and fight with my newly acquired psychosis, I hope your conscience troubles you for turning a nice, normal, calm, well adjusted bloke into a simpering, whimpering, maladjusted, etymologically challenged, snivelling wreck.
Perhaps I'll recover, so let's stay friends, and kindest regards to the other culprit, Natalie C
John

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words take me on an epic journey of human emotions... a very powerful and intoxicating piece... awesome work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I could feel the words and the curiousness of the wondering and feeling the pain of a heart questioning itself to search for an answer that can never exist as the what if's can be deadly cause our hearts to explode as we just continue to question and doubt the decision we have made along the way of life's journey. So decision made from fear others made because of timing and the person we were then. There is never a way to understand completely if things would have been different. I wonder though if we could change something from our past would we still be the same person we see in the mirror now. I would have to say probably not. Each action and thought has lead to form the person we are now. But it is part of human nature to wonder about such things. Just always remember to not spend to much time looking back at the past because you could miss the things that stand there right in front of you.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't really get the Poe feeling from this, other then the use of "high dollar" vocabulary, like everyone else does. If it where more Poe like then it would end on the note that everyone should die and the speaker should commit suicide, but the feeling I get from it is just a deep examination of one's self.

That aside though, I thought it was really interesting how you stuck to a certain letter sound in the first two paragraphs, but it died out as the poem progressed. So maybe dig out the thesarus and see if you can maintain it through out the whole thing. Otherwise though this is very thought provoking and it isn't often that I have to sit and think while reading poetry because the words are ones that I rarely here. So good for you on that. Great read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this thing needs to be slapped on the pages of all the immigrant myspace emoetry shucking ground dwellers, the influx of me mes who have taken up all the tables here at the cafe. This is poetry, wordplay - attention to the craft, the art of writing. I am so tired of the bathroom wall fodder found scattered on the bandwidth I want to chuck my page in the toilet and beat my forehead against my monitor until either my skull or the glass gives...
It isn't poetry that tires me - although I dearly wish I could get some readership of my stories and novels...its the crap they keep pushing - the no writer left behind - fluff
I'm on a tangent...Sorry - this is such an impressive piece. I think I even had to look op a word - it does have a Poe esque flair to it in spots - and in the tempo. Nicely scribed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My, is your muse on a pedantic ruse? lol This was a bit wordy for my personal taste but it was well crafted and intelligently designed. I like the simple beauty and joy the sounds of words express to me. I understand this psychosis here though, it must seem the same as the Apostle Paul's defense of Christianity to King Agrippa when Agrippa told Paul, " Paul, much learning doth make thee mad." I never found Poe to be as charming as his counterparts like Charles Dickens but I have read all of his works. Poe was a bit psychotic himself, a man whose intelligence overbore him much like the insanity of Christopher Smart. I did find the influence of Poe here though quite evident.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Scarlet rust, viscous fluid,

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3579 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on May 26, 2008
Last Updated on May 27, 2008

Author

Gary H
Gary H

nowhere, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing
Body Parts Body Parts

A Poem by Gary H



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Clean Soul Clean Soul

A Poem by Bubo


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo


The Hurting The Hurting

A Poem by Bubo