Chapter two; Peering into the past

Chapter two; Peering into the past

A Chapter by Gbugman
"

Finding out about Isabella and going into the birth of Farley.

"

Seeing the journal on the desk I sighed. I couldn’t bear to pick it up. It held way to many memories. The journal sitting on the desk was the one I kept during my stay at the hospital when Isabella was diagnosed with leukemia. I wanted to pick it up but I knew if I did I’d ball my eyes out. Turning I looked to see if anyone was in room so I could sit and read. The twins where napping and the rest of the kids should be doing homework. Or so she hoped. Grabbing the journal she sat in the chair rubbed it with her hand and contemplated opening it. Once she did open it she was ok. But when she started to read the first page she began to let the tears fall.

August 15, 1997.

It’s been a week since Bella’s fourth birthday. And since that day I noticed she was losing her hair. More than the normal rate of a child. So much more that I got pretty worried. She hadn’t eaten much lately and looked a little sick. First I thought it might just be a cold. But then when I remembered she hadn’t eaten like five slices of birthday cake like most kids do on there birthday I got really worried. Plus the whole week she seemed groggy and her teacher at school said she was not as perky as she had been. So today I took her into the doctors. I never thought I’d hear these words from the doctor. Sitting in the waiting room while I waited for them to finish the tests on Bella was hell. What would happen. Would this be just something simple or something serious? My mind was racing. I had no clue what might happen to her. Just an hour later I see the doctor walking out. I was here alone. Dennis was at work along with Tim and Sue. I know I shouldn’t of gone alone but I had no choice. Plainly said when she came out she told me Bella had leukemia and would need a kidney transplant.

I can remember that day. Hearing those words. I went to sit with her and called my husband. He needed to know. Once he had been called and was being dropped off by a friend. I called Sue. She was next on the list.

“Sue it’s me Ruth.” You could hear that I had been crying. Wiping my tears I looked up and continued to speak.

“It’s Bella…” I choked tears beginning to fall again. She needed to tell her best friend but words just couldn’t come. Those words that the doctor said made me hurt. I couldn’t help but let tears fall. Sue sighed and got up from her desk grabbing her purse and her keys as she walked out with her cell phone. It was one of those really old ones.

“I’m coming right now Ruth.” She said and hopped into her car.

“Don’t move.” Sue Sighed hung up and drove as fast as she could to get the hospital.

Closing the journal I let those memories linger before I picked up another one. This one was blue and said Baby Boy on the front. Starting to read the first entry the memories came flooding back. Heres a look back at that day so long ago.

July 25 1996

The door opened as a heavily pregnant Ruth came out from peeing for the fifth time that night. It was about five AM now and there was no way Ruth was going to go back to sleep. She felt horrible and was due any day now.

"Gosh I feel like a house!"



© 2010 Gbugman


Author's Note

Gbugman
just like before ignore the grammar. this ones not done but i thought I'd post what I have.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on March 23, 2010
Last Updated on March 23, 2010


Author

Gbugman
Gbugman

CA



About
I like to write. currently I'm writing a fiction work based on this guy I really liked in HS. more..

Writing