What It Takes To Reach A Conclusion. . .

What It Takes To Reach A Conclusion. . .

A Story by Gedalya
"

A humorous short story.

"
For a little man driving his little car down the freeway, it had been a very bad year. First, he lost his job. Second, went the wife and kids, and thirdly, this day would be the last day before the IRS took his home. It seemed to this unfortunate man that fate was utterly against him enjoying his life. . . 
Now, on his way back from a scheduled appointment with his therapist, he couldn't help contemplate suicide. 
"It'll all be okay", the therapist had said, "Things will get better, just give it time. . . " But he felt that he didn't have any more time. What would happen next? his health? and so for the first time in a very long time he prayed aloud to a god that he wasn't sure existed.
Even to himself, it all seemed much like bribery. "Please" was a word that he used over and over at this time, and when no response came, he wiped away his tears and tried not to hit any other cars.
"I guess, I'll just kill myself" he thought, "I'll go home right now, and kill myself. . . "
He stopped at a red light, and he offered himself once more, "God, if you don't answer me. . . then I'm going to kill myself, you hear me! and it'll be all your fault!"
But no reply came. . .
Just as he was turning to the right, down the same old road leading to his soon to be repossessed home, he saw a billboard in the corner of his eye. It must be new, he thought as he slowed down, to get a better look at it. It was a new advertisement by Nike, and written in bold-print was their famous motto: "Just Do It".
It must be a sign from God, he thought.
And so, when the little man driving his little car reached his home- he did just that. The next day four men from the IRS came to take away his home, and what they found as they ventured inside was a little man hanging from many Nike shoe laces. When all was said and done, they took those too. . . 

© 2014 Gedalya


Author's Note

Gedalya
Comment & Review

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

This came off the top of my head in about 5 minutes. . . So, I don't expect too much said about it. lol

Posted 10 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014
Tags: Humor, Story, Gedalya

Author

Gedalya
Gedalya

VA



About
I am a Professional Writer dipping my feet into the Indie world. This is my second account after a 2-year absence. I am very open & honest, but equally private. I'd like to see a new generation of wri.. more..

Writing