The Battle Within

The Battle Within

A Story by Gen
"

Everyone you've ever met is going through a battle you cant begin to understand.

"
...in time this will be forgotten. As of now, this is the up most importance. Just survive.
I cant sleep. Its gnawing again. Black dogs. Chewing gnawing at my thoughts.

"There's nothing you can do. Its over. Done with. You cant change it. Just...go...to...sleep."

They keep fighting. Biting each other. Screaming so loud. They whisper when its quiet.

"He heard you...They'll come for you tomorrow."

I try to steady my breathing but its no good. The madness takes me once again.

"Please stop. Please stop fighting."

I reach for my cigarettes. Frantically lighting one. Please God, help me. Make them stop.

"HE HEARD YOU!!! THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO!!!"

Dont think dont think. They cant fight if you dont think. Gnawing...chewing.

"ITS OVER!!!"

I grab my keyboard, just dont stop. Just dont think. It'll stop. Just dont think.

silence...

fear...

Of nothing...of what was said...of what could be...

Chewing...gnawing...silent

"Thank you..."

© 2015 Gen


Author's Note

Gen
Written in the moment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on November 25, 2015

Author

Gen
Gen

CA



About
I throw letters on a page and see what sticks. I been through one year of high school creative writing and that it. Fueled by raw emotion and ADHD I'm inspired by unfolding events in life and putting .. more..

Writing
Morning Ritual Morning Ritual

A Story by Gen


Writing Doodles Writing Doodles

A Story by Gen


Grateful Grateful

A Story by Gen