Morning Ritual

Morning Ritual

A Story by Gen
"

Waking up before everyone sometimes has its responsibilities, a role gladly accepted.

"
An early morning. Still dark, about 5AM. The busy kitchen and livingroom free of customers and window shoppers. The service light of the stove the only real source of life. Coffees ready, a friendly nod to the brewing pot. Its cheery nonexistent smile.

A moment to think to myself. Free from the daily rush. The warm coffee. 5:30, orders come in. Customers to feed. People to please. My favorite people. The morning alarm and the race is off!

© 2019 Gen


Author's Note

Gen
I wasn't sure what I was trying to get across. It was an attempt to put a certain emotion on paper, I suppose.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Man, you make 5AM sound fantastic. Usually if I am up at 5AM, it is because I am still drinking, or, I must do something. I typically at 5AM I feel like punching someone like how Patrick Swayze did to that one dude in Ghost.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2019
Last Updated on February 28, 2019
Tags: Mornings

Author

Gen
Gen

CA



About
I throw letters on a page and see what sticks. I been through one year of high school creative writing and that it. Fueled by raw emotion and ADHD I'm inspired by unfolding events in life and putting .. more..

Writing
The Battle Within The Battle Within

A Story by Gen


Writing Doodles Writing Doodles

A Story by Gen


Grateful Grateful

A Story by Gen