The Flawed Dream

The Flawed Dream

A Story by Kyro
"

Essay.

"

 

The people of America are all alike in that they share one thing in common; they all sport an American badge of pride upon their chests. This badge of pride serves to flaunt the rest of the world; yet the rest of the world laughs at the arrogance that is America.  Long ago, America chose to endow its people with certain rights and freedoms.  These “freedoms” were written down, absolving any questions concerning their validity.  We had effectively used pen and paper to establish a firm nation where virtually nothing could go wrong, and that was just the way we wanted it.  Yet, in time, things did go wrong.  The freedoms that America sought so earnestly to establish were pushed aside, existent but forgotten.  Within these freedoms, America claimed absolute “tolerance” of diversity and that this was a country of character and good morals.  If America is a country of morals that stands above the rest, why is there more racism here than in any other nation?  Why does America seek to impose its own government upon others when the American government is severely flawed in multiple aspects?  The answer is, America as a whole is blinded by self-love and glorification, stuck in a dream where it alone is the greatest place on earth.  America, by definition, is not the land of opportunity or a province of advancement and prosperity.  It is, in fact a land of failed beliefs and long-forgotten freedoms that we have gradually walked away from.  We believe ourselves to be morally perfect, yet racism is a major part of our everyday lives.  As a result of these false beliefs, we have grown ignorant, and that may prove fatal to the future of this country.

In American society today, racism is not only tolerated, but in some parts of America, it is encouraged.  The fact of the matter is, diversity as a whole was implanted to be one of the more important freedoms.  In our school systems, children are harassed with racism daily, and they must endure this torment because the rest of America is determined to look the other way.  We are set upon finding new issues to confront, when we have already a million other issues like racism to solve.  Racism is not as heavily acknowledged in America as it should be, for there is no doubt in the American mind that it is an important issue.  But it is apparently not important enough to resolve completely.  Before we brag of our “perfection” we must take a look inside the very country we brag about.

America is so indulged in its own arrogance that it is completely ignorant of the reality that surrounds it.  The real moral standards of America are severely exaggerated.  Other countries may soon grow tired of the constant ignorance that America displays.  America is a bully, manipulating others to see things its own way—The American Way.  The American people believe so strongly in this way of living that they will attempt to impose it upon other nations.  Their belief is that the American way of life and the American government is the only true system to live by.  Forgoing the freedom that all countries have the right to select their own form of government, America persists in this effort still.

America is not the self-proclaimed heaven on earth, but a country kept alive by a dream of power.  Racism, crimes, and forcing our ideas upon others have become a part of the American way of life.  We waste time and energy boasting to other nations about our magnificence, when we should be putting that time and energy into resolving the issues that we so cleverly attempt to hide.  Fully aware that these things occur, America strives to better itself in new ways, leaving behind these things that should be brought to attention.  America must soon wake up from this dream and rally together to truly make this nation the place to be.  Otherwise, America shall continue to remain arrogant and ignorant, while the other powers of the world extend their glory.

© 2008 Kyro


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on May 28, 2008

Author

Kyro
Kyro

Pleasanton, CA



About
I'm a junior in high school that loves to write. I write mostly fiction and love the feeling that comes with creating something unique. I play sports mainly football and volleyball. more..

Writing
A Modest Proposal A Modest Proposal

A Story by Kyro