Wish for you

Wish for you

A Story by Geo
"

To be read at my son and his love's hand fasting

"

 As we come to bind your love and you're souls; I wish to share a few thoughts, for they are free and all I truly own. We gather in the presence of the great spirit the giver of life and of love. For as surely as our union (your mother's and mine) where forged countless years ago in heaven, so too is the union you two commit to today. Understand it is a most binding of commitments. And will not be without conflicts and trying times that are part of life. So as you ask the four stations of life earth, wind, fire and water for there blessings remember to learn there lessons.  Keep your love grounded in the earth for all your goals  and expectations. Remember not to stand against the wind but bend with it flow in it. Remember to protect each other from the fire of conflicts and hard times. remember that water is the mother of life, let it help you to remember to feed each other the foods of love. remember to that water flows as will time, learn to flow with time let it Carrie you on your journey through this life and the many more to come. And remember too from this day on you are partners in this adventure.

  Realize also that love need not respect time. When bound for eternity love is out side time. Time is slave to love as love is slave to time. Except when souls are bound for eternity.

  So as we are gathered here I call on all the spirits seen and unseen and all our

ancestors to smile on this union. May the universes bestow many blessings on you both.
May the great spirit bless this union.

© 2010 Geo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is lovely, i like this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your son and new daughter are lucky to have you as a father.
Life and Light!
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful. I did see this small typo:
"learn to flow with time let it Carrie you on your journey through this life." I think you mean carry.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm not very familiar with the Wiccan religion or "hand fasting," although I've heard of it. With that said, these words of matrimony you've written are outstanding, full of wisdom and good advice. Hopefully, the newly weds will take them to heart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Geo
This is not a story really nor a poem but a little something I wrote for the hand fasting (ancient pagan ritual equivalent of marriage used today by wiccan religion ) of my son and his beloved. On 6=19-2010

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010

Author

Geo
Geo

Deltona , FL



About
Me ? Just a misfiring neuron in the universal mind. Who may or may not have some writing talent. I guess we will see. more..

Writing
The battle The battle

A Poem by Geo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry