The Owls

The Owls

A Chapter by Miiki

At school, they don't teach you what to do when a bunch of owls decide to crash through your kitchen window just to deliver some letters. Or what to do when you need to do some school shopping that asks you to buy a wand, cauldron, and crystal phials.
It was a sunny day in Pennsylvania, but I was inside my home, looking over my class schedules and my list of supplies I need. That's when I heard a thump.  I thought it was my little sister, Nancy, upstairs just getting out of bed. Then I heard the thump again and realized it was coming from the window. I looked over and saw a giant shadow zip by and suddenly disappear. I was never the kind of girl to scream, but I was always easily spooked. But since nothing serious seemed to happen, I decided to ignore the situation. 
The next day, after my parents went to work and Nancy left to go to her friend's house, that was when I started to hear the thumping again. I froze in fear that whoever was hear yesterday was back again. I gripped my cell phone and was about to call my mom when I heard glass shattering and ... owls? Confused and scared, I ran into my kitchen and saw that my kitchen window was no longer a window. Instead, it was just some broken glass with feathers everywhere. There were also about 10 or more owls flying around my kitchen. 
And under all the glass and feathers on the kitchen floor, I could make out some envelopes that seemed to be addressed to Cindy Nguyen with my address. I carefully brushed away the feathers and glass that was on top of one the letters and picked it up.
"Me?" I said aloud to myself.
"Is yer name on the letter, ain't it?" A loud, deep voice said. I looked up and saw a giant with a dark, long, shaggy mane and a very tangled beard. I stepped back, confused as waking up from a dream and deciding whether it was real or not. 
"No need her be 'fraid o' me," he said noticing the scared look I had, " I'm jus' here to help."
He pulled out an umbrella and flicked it. The glass flew back into its place at the window and the feathers flew into the trash can. I stood there with my eyes wide.
"W-wh-what just happened?" I asked.
He let out a bellow, " 's magic!" He told me, " Sorry about yer window and all. Yer mailbox was torn out and you haven' gotten yer new one yet. And you don' seem to have a chimney either, so these owls seem to have gotten desperate." 
I looked down at the letter with my name and address on it.
"Go ahead and open it! Sorry I forgot to introduce meself, name's Hagrid."
I turned the letter over and lifted the red seal that was on it. Inside were two letters, and I read the one that was on top first:
HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY 
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Sumpreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Ms Nguyen, 

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. 
Yours Sincerely, 

Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

I looked at Hagrid, " You must have the wrong person. There are lots of Cindy Nguyens out there. There isn't a possible way that I'm a... Nobody in my family is!"
"Well everythin' has ter start somewhere. It looks like you're the first witch in yer family."
My mind was spinning. I didn't understand, my head felt like a million bombs were bursting all at the same time. "I'm a witch?"


© 2012 Miiki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story, but they should get someone to fix that window. And put a new mailbox in.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting :) I love the harry potter series and am joyed to read this

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miiki

11 Years Ago

Thanks! And same, i hate re-reading books cuz you already know what happens
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

yeah it loses the excitement :/
Miiki

11 Years Ago

haha yeah i agree
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
saw the my kitchen window: the is that. At least I think it would sound better
Except for that the chpter was great loved the part of the owls got desperate
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miiki

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much!! And yeah, I make a lot of little mistakes like that :p
.

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2012
Last Updated on August 30, 2012


Author

Miiki
Miiki

Doylestown, PA



About
I created this account when I was 13...so if you look at my older writing, my age might have affected the language and content a little? Anywho, it's about 5 years later and I'll be turning 18 soo.. more..

Writing
Hopeless Hopeless

A Book by Miiki



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..