5

5

A Chapter by John Fredrick Carver











He would see her and try to catch her eye by staring at her eyes whichever way he could. He knew that the eye looks in all directions so as not to miss anything all the time and though he was never directly in her view her peripheral vision should have picked up on good looking, so he thought anyway, boy staring at her. But if she did she never paid any attention.

Once he was standing in the doorway of a party and she was just off to his right talking with some girls he did not think to be nearly as cute. He just stood and stared he hoped with a look of, “Want to?” in his eyes. But even when someone bumped into him taking him completely from her view she did not notice him in the slightest. She just stood there listening mostly to the chatter and paying him no mind. He was sure she had something against him but he could not imagine what. He had just noticed her like he did a lot lately without her noticing him in the slightest. He just could not get her attention and he tired of staring at her.

So he wished he had a small turtle and one appeared just the right size. You can have anything you want in heaven. He walked behind the girls and in particular behind her. Then he noticed there was a set of long waves in her light green top that would work perfect for what he had in mind sort of angry she did not even notice him invading her space from behind or pick up on his irritated mood either one. Everybody is a little paranoid when someone stands in their space directly behind them. Why did she not even try to see who it was in her space?

He reached out both hands, slipped the turtle that at the time had its legs in its shell down the upper part of her spine on her bare side of the waves in her dress. Then he dropped it. Its legs immediately extended as it tried to keep itself from falling just barely catching in the fabric of one of the waves.

She screamed and tried to reach it but it was too high up her back and too far down her long lovely neck for her to reach it.

In the tussle the turtle's claw was freed and it slid down to her waist just above her buttocks where she grabbed it. By then the other girls had come to her aid and worked the turtle back up the top of her dress where one of them grabbed on one hand each side of the shell and took it away from her but not in a way that would keep her from seeing the creepy looking animal that was then in front of her.

She screamed again but turned all the way around.

Did you put that�"that thing down my back?”

I am sorry. Did it hurt you?”

Why would anyone put a monster down somebody's back?”

I have been trying everything to get your attention.”

I know but why did you not get the hint I wanted nothing to do with you.”

Why not?”

You looked just like the type of jerk that would try something I did not want. Well�"now you have. What do you have to say for yourself?”

God hustled him away back into the crowd and said, “Here is one for you, John.”

Why? What has he done?”

He put a turtle down a young lady's back.”

Why did you do that?”

I wanted her to notice me. She never noticed me but this once.”

Well�"if you ever see her again it will be just to visit. You are human. She's probably robotics. Are you in love with her?”

How could I be? This is the first time she has seen me?”

It is not too late even yet. If you want to marry her you may visit her from me as often as you want.”

Marry him!!! The creep put a�"turtle!!!�"down my back!”

Then she squirreled herself away in consciousnesses there in God.

I laughed.

Was what I did evil?”

Close enough. A robot would never think of doing something like that.”

I have to go to hell for putting a turtle down somebody's back!!”

No. Just get used to your surroundings. You are human. Everybody here is human.”

Then he laughed.

You mean you will take me in.”

I will not only take you in me I will welcome you here. Welcome!”

What he did was not right. It may not have been evil but it was not right and it showed illogical thinking to persist that long in trying to catch her eye knowing as he said himself she had to have noticed him this once for sure and perhaps several times never wearing her resolve not to at least meet him down a bit, a typical robotics decision and stubbornness. Nope. Nothing to appeal to me at all.

It blew her mind to do what he did to her and that someone would do such a thing especially just to get the attention of another even one of the opposite sex. She got a headache and God helpped her with it so her mind did not completely blow.

What do you think about it all God?”

Now you know why I do not want humans in me. It amazes me what he did just like it does her.”

It was just a prank.”

It was not only not good how can it be portrayed as kind in any way?”

Somethings when it comes to humans are not exactly logical.”

Exactly.”

But he forgave the lad and now me for lying about the way he took it. God laughed.

I put one hand on the back of the lad's neck and led him away from God's consciousnesses. He was hardly their type. But I saw no real harm done. It might have scratched her a little but scratches go away like dust or easier up here. I rebuked him for doing it and of course forgave him right away.

What did you think, Me?”

I could not believe it.”

What did you think of it Most High.”

Most High!!!”

Not that Most High he's in unconsciousness. This one is a new God Me made that is always good and kind.”

I was outraged just like God.”

I can see you are a prankster. But we can handle that in me?”

Leave it to me. I will teach him not to play pranks.”

I wanted to but I did not laugh.

You can go now but find some better pranks.”

He was soon discussing his crisis with others who were glad to see him becoming human again. Surely he will learn to do kind pranks.

To me that robotics girl was a cold fish. But I guess she has the right to snub anybody in heaven she wants. It may not seem nice but sometimes it is very kind. But it is okay. There is no evil in snubbing someone you do not think you will like or do not like. If it were all humans even in heaven would be permanently evil.

I put the small painted turtle down in a small stream fed pond on earth and it reacted like it was in heaven.



© 2019 John Fredrick Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on September 12, 2019
Last Updated on September 14, 2019


Author

John Fredrick Carver
John Fredrick Carver

Bemidji, MN



About
Be glad the odds are that when you get to heaven God just has to clear your programming make a man out of you and you walk away a God good and kind not a human being that requires they be convinced t.. more..

Writing