This Hospital

This Hospital

A Poem by Georgina Cross

This Hospital, 
Vacant halls. 
Desperate needs, 
Dwindling hope. 
Tomorrow, will she see you?

This hospital, 
Savage teeth, 
Breaking through her bones, 
Chewing her up tonight. 

Tears they cry, 
Strengthen your cruel, sinister grip. 
Two Zombie nurses, 
Will not succeed. 
If you want her death complete tonight, 
Be Gentle.  

On Grand hospital, 
they are all mistaken. 
not one more life will be,
lost to you. 
Do not get too comfortable, 
at her side. 
Tomorrow, she will see you. 
You will not decide. 

© 2016 Georgina Cross


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A mystery write instantly thought of The one flew over the cuckoos nest. Yes had an asylum feel this write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I very much enjoyed reading this poem. It is mysterious and very well written. I love how you describe the hospitals and how you end sure of the outcome. Good luck with the competition.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I'm not sure I'm following your thread in this message, not sure if you're targeting one or more hospitals in particular. But as one who avoids hospitals as much as possible, I will say you've described them very well. I think zombie nurses may be something else in your poem (I'm not a fan of zombie stories, so I'm unable to interpret), but to me, it's a description of real life nurses who are so overworked for so long, they've forgotten to be human to their patients anymore -- just getting the job done. The first two stanzas are described clearly for me, but then I get lost in the message of the last two. Still, I like your writing style thru-out.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Georgina Cross

8 Years Ago

Thank you for yet another great review.
I see where you are coming from, perhaps i will add .. read more
You have made a comparison of Two different hospitals here... There is a sense of mystery in the poem which really catches the reader's mind... I have seen your pattern of writing and you clarity in them, so far they have been very good... You left the reader here to think and imagine the images you have put in the poem... Your word choices has been very good, there is a sense of intrigueness as you have used zombie nurses....

As for my experience, your poem left me with the thought of how miserable a life can be while in a hospital, the wait for death and the pain of body are both miserable, it reminds me of my fear of needles and nasty syrups, medicines and horrible looking circumstances... You didn't described too much here which is a very good thing I believe because if you haven't done that the reader might never get the opportunity to imagine....

Always a pleasure reading your poems Georgie, keep on smiling and live with poetry my frnd...

Regards and respect
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


Georgina Cross

8 Years Ago

Another beautiful review form you Dhiman,
Thank you,
Georgie
Great example of how to intensify your message with magic of your words. Georgia you are amazing and your poetry leaves us to wonder in our imagination to create such ideas. Keep writing like this...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Georgina Cross

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Usman, your reviews are very precious to me and i hope you continue to write them... read more
Well, well, well, we have a poem which is an excellent example of poetic imagery. I could feel everything happening in front of me."Tomorrow, she will see you. You will not decide." Epic.


Posted 8 Years Ago


Georgina Cross

8 Years Ago

I'm glad you like the imagery in the poem, it's hard to get the duality i was aiming for and i am gl.. read more
Georgina, this poem is unlike most subject matter for a poem I have read and I like it; you have nice flow, superb imagery, and a sort of urgency to bring the reader right to the very end, satisfied. Excellent work! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Georgina Cross

8 Years Ago

Thank you Soencer for such a lovely review, I'm glad that you could read and enjoy my work.
.. read more
Spencer Barker

8 Years Ago

Not a problem! Thank you, I truly appreciate it. I will of course continue to review your writing. :.. read more
this made me think of the movie "the hospital" with george C. scott and diana rigg.

they just kept messing up...anything that could go wrong did...

but here, yes, the difference in how hospitals treat the sick---have seen both kinds...

eerie...the last line...like someone is waking from a coma...the life refuses to be lost...

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hospitals can be such desolate places, especially when someone is critically ill. but I've seen will overtake medical precedence several times. This feels almost like a comparison of two hospitals, private verse charity or public hospital. the form is somewhat concrete and fun to look at as I can see those zombie nurses.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Georgina Cross

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your comment, it is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you can see the juxtapositio.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

675 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2016
Last Updated on April 9, 2016
Tags: poetry, dark, simple

Author

Georgina Cross
Georgina Cross

Bath , Somerset, United Kingdom



About
20 year old aspiring poet. I have been writing from a young age but only started writing seriously when in sixth form. After one of my tutors told me my poetry was different from that of others and th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cruel Summer Cruel Summer

A Poem by redzone


Dew Dew

A Chapter by Ana Papaya