Bloody Symbolism

Bloody Symbolism

A Poem by Robin Ann
"

a freewrite

"

People think it's cliche to listen to popular music these days.  The thing is, I really like cliches.  In fact, I love them.  I love to say love, even though I usually say hate instead.  When I feel sad I'm going to admit it and probably write it down.  Screw symbolism.  Symbolism is cliche.  If you had invented a word or phrase and only you are the one who has ever used it, then guess what!  It's cliche!  My favorite words are blunt and to the point.  If I'm depressed or sad, you'll probably know it.  And you will definitely know when I'm angry.  It would be smart to leave me alone when I'm angry.  Every whine and complaint will bleed into your soul.  That's not sybolism.  It will BLEED INTO YOUR SOUL.  I can make anything happen when I put all my emotions and beliefs into it.  I really don't like personification either.  If the moon ever spoke to me I'd probably piss my pants.  how come it sounds okay to say that a book, a movie, or even the moon has spoken to you?  But when you say your table spoke to you, you get laughed at?  Well, because tables don't talk, and neither does the moon for that matter.  My favorite movies and songs don't speak to me.  I like to watch and listen to them.  Is there a problem with liking popular music on the radio?  Obviously, it's popular for a reason.  Right?  If I let people limit what I like I wouldn't like anything at all.

© 2008 Robin Ann


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it WILLLL bleed :)

very nice rant.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Reads like poetry to me. I love your desire for candor. The most cryptic writer is looking for a way to make a person feel. I love the part about the moon.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

Robin Ann
Robin Ann

Beaver Falls, PA



About
more..

Writing
idk yet idk yet

A Poem by Robin Ann