Letter to Grandmamma

Letter to Grandmamma

A Story by Franki Valerie
"

Kerisandra is a main character of mine, this is another old piece of writing but a favourite.

"
Dear Grandmamma,
I miss you terribly. I haven’t seen mother since the Roman warriors killer her. To be honest, I don’t want to see her. Being around you was so much better. Your passion for your occupation spurred me on to become an assassin myself.  Your teaching has helped a lot. All those chants, songs and even the lullaby help me paralyse my victims with fear. 
As the decades, centuries and millenniums move on, these humans get weaker, and easier to kill. Technology has made them all lazy. You would love the corruption in the new world. These days there are a large amount of the world’s population committing suicide, going into depression and suffering from fatal diseases. Some can’t be cured. Isn’t it wonderful, Grandmamma?! I only wish that I could share it all with you; partners again, forever more. 
We’ll be together again in the afterlife soon, Grandmamma. I can feel death’s cold fingers getting closer and closer to my mind with each life. It fills me with joy to know that I can be rid of my twisted curse soon, and be back in your arms. Like when I was an innocent. 
I miss those days, Grandmamma I do. I miss your voice singing me to sleep, and your warm hugs. 
The strangest thing has happened to me. I met a man who calls himself Damien. He has golden eyes and strange symbols tattooed on his limbs. And he’s Italian, Grandmamma! Like the men in your songs and stories! He intrigues me. When I see him it feels like nothing matters anymore, because he’s here. I told the tavern mistress about it. She mentioned something called Love. She said I must be in Love. What is love? A type of box, maybe? If one can be inside of it, it must be a large container… surely I’d know if such a thing happened… Is it metaphorical? I want to know. I wish I could talk to you face to face, instead of leaving this on your deathbed. 

Missing you, 
Kerisandra

© 2012 Franki Valerie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on May 13, 2012
Last Updated on May 13, 2012

Author

Franki Valerie
Franki Valerie

Newcastle Upon tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom



About
I'm a Medical Secretary/Admin officer for a Neuropsychology Service. I have loved writing since I could hold a pen and form a sentence. Please, if you like my writing, take a moment to leave a r.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Franki Valerie