LCR Writing competition

LCR Writing competition

A Story by Franki Valerie
"

Olldddd!!

"
I opened my front door and then gasped, gazing into the house in total astonishment. the devistation that the fire had caused was incredible... It filled my eyes with painful tears... I stepped forward onto the charred floorboards and they moaned beneath my feet. Looking around, i remembered all the memories i'd had in this place. This was my only home. The colourful wallpaper was burned, and dull. The plaster was jet black, and the paint on the skirting boards was peeling. As I walked further in, i ran my hands along the wall. It was rough and it began to cut my fingers. 
"See what you can do?"
I turned and saw my reflection in a peice of broken glass. It was staring back at me with cold eyes, and a malicious grin. It spoke, 
"All this was your doing. And you did it in your sleep."
I turned back away, and a tear rolled down my cheek. 
"You've been given a gift Galdor, it would be wise to make the most of it, don't you think?"
The voice echoed in my mind as i ascended the stairs, each step encouraging a moan from the wood. At the top of the stairs there was more broken glass, and with it, my reflection, distorted now, which began to shout at me, "think about it, Galdor! Think of the power you hold in your hands!"
I began to have flashbacks of loosing controll of my emotions at school, and in turn, loosing controll of my 'gift'. 
"Does it not make you happy?"
I remembered the feeling that it brought with it. The fear in peoples' eyes when they saw me...
"This is who you are, Galdor, accept it!"
I looked around once more at the ruins of Ashfeild Orphanage. The burnt walls, the ash covered, charred floors, the clouded, smokey windows, blocking out the light... I looked at my reflection, "Yes..."
I opened my hand and a small ember formed in my palm, "Hello Galdor..."

© 2012 Franki Valerie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very frightening but at the same time very nice story. i like the way it was written

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
1 Review
Added on May 13, 2012
Last Updated on May 13, 2012

Author

Franki Valerie
Franki Valerie

Newcastle Upon tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom



About
I'm a Medical Secretary/Admin officer for a Neuropsychology Service. I have loved writing since I could hold a pen and form a sentence. Please, if you like my writing, take a moment to leave a r.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Franki Valerie