We Walk Alone...Sometimes

We Walk Alone...Sometimes

A Poem by Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

incandescent circling     this is life,

as we paint the sky like fluorescing insects

connecting the dots of constellations

 

buzzing     ever closer to a muted moon,

where our wax wings remain rigid     despite

their cynically crude construction

 

because living is sometimes knowing

the dull lull of isolation     it is trusting

our blindness (hysterical or not)     and

 

continuing to speak, even when

no one is listening     writing even when

our words are no longer being read

© 2013 Girl Friday (Sarah W.)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Holy cowbirds Batman! Girl Friday wrote a poem about me! She must be more sneaky than the Penguin and not at all a Joker with her poetry. We need to find out how she can write our hearts deepest ponderings. Maybe she has a bat psychic recording device!
I don't think the bat cave is secure any longer...
Same time next week...
I wonder if the readers will find us before it is too late?

(ok... Long day. Gotta give me a break. Ha.)
Loved the poem! Hit home. Really. I was deflecting do I didn't cry like a girl... ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such great imagery:
'as we paint the sky like fluorescing insects
connecting the dots of constellations'.

Life does go on -- living is going on, and as you describe it to be, 'trusting our blindness (hysterical or not)'.
This really struck a cord with me. I enjoyed reading your encouraging words -- I needed this today.

Thank you, my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This to me reads as nearly a spell or incantation. Definitely a rite. Ceremonial truth. "incandescent...despite their cynically crude construction...even when no one is listening..."

Nods to you regarding this write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


nice work Sarah...one can see and read that you have walked that path...Sometimes it's just better that way no?....

Posted 10 Years Ago


I am reading your work even if you think Im not . I havent been around much because i had nothing to write about .But give it time and the well fills back up . I liked this congrats on the book

Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping by, Tate!
Being alone with ones self is essential. At least for me, anyway. If I cannot connect with myself, I am no good to anyone else. I do speak aloud, so I can really hear my words and I write, write, write, even if those words never make it beyond my grasp. Perfect thoughts here for me this night. Well done, Sarah. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Very true, Angi.
This one has me picturing the last or sole survivor of cataclysm as he or she sings a song. Whether that song is of glory in the survival of end or, of sorrow in the loss of the world the question would remain, should they sing that song at all if no one will ever hear it but themselves. I believe that the world would not be harmed by it being sung and whether there is an audience or not, we are all a part of nature and must do what it is in our natures to do? Most thought provoking Sarah.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

You are such a great reviewer...I feel like you really read my work deeply, which is a huge complime.. read more
Astro

10 Years Ago

Glad to please and honored to be so in tune with your thoughts.
'because living is sometimes knowing
the dull lull of isolation'

I loved the way you started this phrase with because, it made the whole stanza highly dynamic and just changed the pace of the poem slightly, I guess we all want to know why and your why showed you to be a true poet, one that simply can't not write, such is the deep love for words- or that was my interpretation! I enjoyed this a lot. simply brilliant.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Yes, the driving force is the love of words, and the need to get them out of my head! :) Thank you.. read more
Do we ever really know if anyone is listening when we talk or reading when we write? Sometimes you just have to have faith in what you believe or hope to be true, because we truly do not have control over anyone's actions besides our own. Another question, are we ever truly alone if wh have our voice, our thoughts and our pen? It is amazing to me osmetimes how solitude can feel, like a warm friend for it allows us to be us, not performing for anyone else, no need to be polite or exactly correct if we are the only ones in the room. But Sarah, I know how people feel about you here and I can assure they read and they listen...I know I do.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Jack. Your words of encouragement never cease to lift my spirit and my heart :)
Continuing on....seeing when there is nothing to see and speaking when no one is listening. What an image that paints! It is said "no man is an island" but there are times we do walk alone. Learning to enjoy that alone time is the secret to inner peace if you ask me. Very emotive write, Sarah. Good one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Lydi!
Your words are always read Dear Friday- Beautiful Write -and as much as we feel alone...so much is connected to us we can never be truly alone--sorry I have been elusive..hope all is well...I will return soon for Your fine Writes-This felt as a whisper-I always listen even when it seems im not around...I pop in and take a look around--You done the second book yet??? I've a spot picked out for it in my sitting room ;) Hope Your Sun is shining and stars fill the night sky!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you are back! Don't go away for so long, i miss your words :)
Souladareatease

10 Years Ago

Awwww thank You...sure missed Yours Friday :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1108 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 29, 2013
Last Updated on September 29, 2013

Author

Girl Friday (Sarah W.)
Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

The Beach, CA



About
"She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire." - Charles Bukowski A NOTE TO MY FRIENDS: Thank you, everyone, who has supported me so kindly on this site. I am humbled by your kind revie.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..