Excerpt 1.

Excerpt 1.

A Chapter by Glen Yumang Manese

Through the Eye of the Lens

Excerpt 1.

I thought you had know, I became an Environmentalist today. Our world may not think so. But if Mother nature has feelings like me. She would mostly agree with me instead of society. After all, they are the one's at fault not me. Look, I gave up my wants to the reality of only my needs. I left my house, since nature is my true home. Simplicity of what we have all forgotten with industrialization of a modern privilege. My climate control room with air conditioning and heater, useless appliances. Filtering global warming in our sky. Now, the outdoors gets hot, one day and cold the next. Rain here and snow there. You adapt to change like anything else out here. I use to have a car. Now my Cadillacs take me everywhere I need to go. Mind you do not mine going the extra miles to get to your destination. I forge for my food. Goodness, grocerie stores are so wasteful to our environment. Those plastic bags or paper ones in use for carrying home the damage goods. There are many others too; car dealerships, gas stations and restaurants. You name something and most likely they fit the category of abundance. Polluting our ecosystem. The air, our water and the climate. I could go on and on. You want change. Then you need to understand one main issue. You must leave the real world; you live in and begin a journey backwards. Forget the pleasures of driving a vehicle, flying or talking on a cellphone, even the Internet or radio for that matter. Your favorite past times of watching TV propanganda, shopping, going on vacation and things like that. Even mowing your lawn or wasting water on the grass is greener on the otherside. Give away all of those inhabitions. Day and night routine of your life. We are waiting for you to join us in making the world a better place. Do not get scared. You got cold feet. Gets a little getting use to, they go numb and then eventually they harden. I use to be just like you. Waving my banner all over the place. Singing loud and proud for climate change and global warming. They do intermingle with each other. Plus all those other concerns. We can use all those posters and memorabilia for our camp fire tonight. Ready to join me on our trek for a solution. Minimalist rhymes with Environmentalist too. We can do this together. Our world is clean, safe and free. Do not be just a weekend warrior, a reservist to the cause. Be a lifer to a cure. Come join us.


© 2020 Glen Yumang Manese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A strong beginning to the story my friend.
"Our world is clean, safe and free. Do not be just a weekend warrior, a reservist to the cause. Be a lifer to a cure. Come join us."
I liked and I agreed with the above lines. Thank you for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5267 Views
1 Review
Added on February 8, 2020
Last Updated on February 26, 2020

A.K.A. FAD Series V: Through the Eye of the Lens


Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, St. Petersburg/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing