Excerpt 11.

Excerpt 11.

A Chapter by Glen Yumang Manese

Through the Eye of the Lens.

Excerpt 11.

We're going on vacation! Hip, hip; hooray! Too boldly go where no travelers likes to return home. Once in a lifetime experience to say the least. Pack your belongings ; grab your sleeping bag. Leaving on a jet plane. Don't know when we're coming back again. Kids do not stray too far from the parking lot. A lot of wild animals come and go here. Let's pitch our tent next to the graffiti over there. First on our agenda is garbage collection tour. You guys look over there with mom. I'll be close by and start right here. Let's see what interest lies in these neck of the woods. Sure beats having to get sticks and twigs on the lawn. Going to get that steel barrel; use as our griller and keep warm tonight. Locals looking at us kind of strange, but we're camping outdoors. So I am sure; takes time for them to adjust to us being here. The police just zip on by. They must be doing a great job with patroling the area. Kids give a wave and they do not even recognize they're there. Must be busy going after the bad guys. Onto sightseeing; look over there. Those guys are administering some kind of medicine in their arms. What's with the rubber band; helps find the drug vein. They seems very sedated now. The woman by the stop sign is yelling at someone; but there is no one beside her at all. May be she dropped something or another. A gathering is merging in our camp grounds. Like a carnival of oddities from every walk of life. Seems we're not the only ones who booked a ticket here through the agency. We met Billy from Texas, Ray from Arizona and a lot of foreigners from south of the border. Even a few came from Canada. They say this is a sanctuary city. Others like them all over the country. Better make plans for them on our next outing, most definitely. Many stories to tell around the big barrel over the course of our adventure. Everyone taking turns; one got shot not once, but twice going over the fence from Mexico. Another took a scenic route through a tunnel. A cast away came by a make shift raft. A skydiver boarded a crop duster and jump right on in. This beats anything we have ever done in our lives. Such a great getaway from the norm. What an experience and more sites to see in the future. Our excursion shuttle bus came the next morning. Until next time; too boldly go where no traveler has gone before is an understatement. Click your heels three times. There is no place like home; like a sanctuary city.


© 2020 Glen Yumang Manese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3220 Views
Added on February 18, 2020
Last Updated on February 18, 2020

A.K.A. FAD Series V: Through the Eye of the Lens


Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, St. Petersburg/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing