Mea Culpa:

Mea Culpa:

A Chapter by Glen Yumang Manese

Mea Culpa:

...something a practicing Catholic should know, well...yet I can confess I have abandon my congregation not my faith, since May 27, 2007...for reasons only I (we) and my God, needs to listen and understand...I subject it to nobody...yet, I yield the option is your own...may be...just may be that is the case with those in power and accept it as their own...if so, then also accept mea culpa for your actions...you bear for acknowledging it, as your own family...for I have walked away, that was my choice...should I return, the door is open...on September 10, 2009...the Father who guided me from Parris Island, to the deployments I was about to see with 26th MEU (SOC) and face the world of conflicts...(for someone reason or another he was there, too)...that the world does not view our way of life the same...ultimately, took his own life...and this was a divine man, who taught me a great deal of truth...about life, war and faith...those two important dates have made me stronger and better prepared as man of faith without his congregation...the first, was my mother, Eusebia Yumang Manese , who fought Leukemia for 10 years, in my eyes the angel to carry me through and the second was Father Dennis J. Rocheford, a Marine, who became a Navy Chaplain, both were profound Catholics...and all our paths met at Parris Island...I was given the task to be the layreader for my platoon 3113, India Company...while in boot camp and the moment my life changed for the better...I listen and understand life was more...way more...the choice I made was courage over the fear to get pass Parris Island...my mission and my guidance complete through them...my angel and my protector are gone...but if I regard, my mea culpa not to go forward for their paths have ended...but that is my choice...I see a future of an unknown time and place...I continue the path for my purpose and my family, now...I confess I may never go back to the congregation, it hurts too much, but my faith with my God, is mine alone...my guidance is gone, the guidance now must come from me, or my mea culpa...


© 2021 Glen Yumang Manese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1597 Views
Added on September 1, 2021
Last Updated on September 1, 2021

A.K.A. FAD Series V: Through the Eye of the Lens


Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, West Palm Beach/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing