Dying Young

Dying Young

A Story by GodzillaGirl101

~Dying Young~

The cool stainless steel glides effortlessly over her soft, milky flesh. The bite is quick and deep, severing her carotid artery in her neck and drenching her in a scarlet fountain of salty blood. Droplets scatter abundantly everywhere, the drops like rain pouring down hateful words and vicious lies that gouged her heart and crushed her soul when they had been spoken to her. She soars above herself, floating on fluffy white clouds in an alternate realm, gazing down at her own hunched and defeated form slumped at the foot of the bed. Then she topples over and collapses on the cold hardwood floor of her bedroom, and life memories spin around in her dying brain. She is five again, laughing and giggling and dancing round the snowy lawn with her Mommy and Daddy, snowballs streaking across the steely sky. A smiling snowman beams at the merry family who lovingly birthed it as they all pile up on each other on the ground, kissing and hugging and never feeling better. As her life rapidly ticks by, tears of longing and nostalgia shimmer in the sea blue eyes of the girl, and more memories come to flood her mind, some wonderfully sweet, some unspeakably bitter. She is eight years old and her uncle Ryan clutches her thin arm tightly, driving his nails into her skin. He then pins her to her mother's bed, screaming and pleading, and forces himself upon her, destroying her precious innocence at such a tender age to satisfy his animal lust. That memory ends with the little eight year-old her sobbing uncontrollably in her parent's bedroom, saturating the pillows in her youthful tears. Then she relives her first day of high school. She is minding her own business in the halls when the Zero Girls, name coined for their ultra-thinness, come parading by in their size 0 short-shorts and stop to glare disdainfully at the girl. They smirk and say, "Damn fatty, what are you, size 12? Lay off the Twinkies, Lardass." That nickname stuck all of freshman year, even through the girl's anorexic phase which got her hospitalized. She remembers feeling as if she had been pumped full of wintry air, so cold and empty inside...But perhaps the memory she cherished the most was her seventh birthday, that last year when her whole family was together and at peace with one another, when loving smiles surrounded her and warmth was in the air. There was a rainbow My Little Pony fondant cake the girl and her mother had put hours of decorating into; her uncle Simon was still in her life; her father was still alive. Things were at their highest point then. And the last part she remembered was her Daddy tucking her in that night, planting a kiss on her forehead, and saying, "Good night, Princess. Hope you had the best day ever today. I love you."
"I love you too, Daddy," the girl had said. "I love you too."
As these memories swirled in her brain, the girl grew nauseated and dizzy, and with a sigh, she closed her eyes, closed them to the pain, the misery, the loss, and she felt her weary heart give out, with the last spilling of her life energy.
A single last tear trickled down her pale cheek as she died, her memories going with her, and the knife, her only true friend, clutched in her cold, scarred hand.

-Alyssa Mitchell, age 14

© 2016 GodzillaGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the darkest thing I have ever written.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on September 5, 2016
Last Updated on September 5, 2016
Tags: suicide, death, cutting

Author

GodzillaGirl101
GodzillaGirl101

WA



About
Godzilla is my guy. Mothra is my gal. And writing is my thing I love to do anytime! I am Godzilla's #1 fan, hit me up about the King of the Monsters at my email [email protected] and check out my .. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by GodzillaGirl101