REGINERATION

REGINERATION

A Poem by Bexfinch
"

Our society is like a Phoenix, regenerating

"

If we are to not love
But be consumed by hate
Burning In her embers
Bathing in her essence

I pray 
That man continues to drink from her flask
Intoxicated
Stumbling farther into the dark

Stabbing the wound that bore you
Revoking the bosom that coddled you 
Biting the hand that once fed you

I pray 
That we die out
From the blackness of our hearts
The nepotism buried in families
choking the roots

Time 
Used only to 
Articulate an unseen enemies demise

I pray
The knife slicing blindly in the dark
Bites back 

That our gluttony 
Rises 
Then falls with us
Buried in a shallow grave

That our leaders 
Are overthrown 
Their facade as good men
melted away like plastic

That the monuments seemingly permanent
Collapse 
Making us succumb to our inferiority


I pray 
for mankind to become 

A pheonix

I pray for us

 to be reborn from our ashes

When we are 
I pray we remember 
The thread used to weave the new fabric. 

© 2012 Bexfinch


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am going to critique your spelling/grammar here. First, your title.... "Regeneration" not "Regineration." Second: "Articulate an unseen enemies demise." You used "enemies" instead of "enemy's." You are referring to the demise of a specific enemy so it should be "enemy's." Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very moving poem on the corruption of society. I can definitely see disillusionment with society behind this poem. I agree with CookieCrumbs that this poem flows very well. Good repitition of "I pray".
From the other comments I see that you have yet to correct the title, but I love the poems theme of rebirth. My favourite part is the first verse of the poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Bexfinch

11 Years Ago

haha yes. I still as the writer know that I am indeed talking about regeneration I probably spelled .. read more
Agreed. Got your message across and created a beautiful poem in the process.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very awesome message, learn from our mistakes....possibly

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mankind will always be in a world with violence, it is our nature. Anger and hate is what fuels it, and it becomes a wildfire that rages. Your piece is dark, just the way I like em.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the flow of this poem,only problem I see is the title. I believe it's supposed to be Regeneration as Midnight Nightingale said. Your vocabulary was excellent to!Wonderful poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am going to critique your spelling/grammar here. First, your title.... "Regeneration" not "Regineration." Second: "Articulate an unseen enemies demise." You used "enemies" instead of "enemy's." You are referring to the demise of a specific enemy so it should be "enemy's." Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mankind has always been insane. Even though we've lasted this long, there is nothing about what we do and how we carry on that has ever made any sense. Hope is a funny word that becomes funny because it is usually directed at stability in an unstable existence.

This was an intelligently written poem and i did sincerely enjoy it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mankind is on slippery slope. darkness surround its future. The social order is falling apart. Greed and hunger for power are rampant. We are even loosing trust in our elected officials. Individual and corporate greed rule our lives . I don't believe in socialism but what happened to the good Ole days when people were honorable, life was beautiful with the little things, schools were safe and society was crime free if not rare... Even movies had a good message and entertainment was family oriented . All that has changed for every one is for his own , running after material things but without a balance with the spiritual , rejecting truth and accepting falsehoods , not respecting our elders and teachers and all our elected officials. And above all we are loosing the true love for God, nature and parents, country , wisdom... You have penned a very good poem and touched on all of these important subjects. keep on the journey of truth...

Posted 11 Years Ago


i got chills!! i love the way you put all those words together. its dark as a curse yet still very elegant in its own way..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful poetry. I really loved the way it flowed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

856 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on December 13, 2012

Author

Bexfinch
Bexfinch

Jacksonville, FL



About
I felt a need to clean up my profile after having it for three years Name:A title a person gave to me before I was consciense Age: Old enough to write Occupation: Learning as much as I can as.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by Tate Morgan