1. SIX GOING ON SIXTEEN:The TWINs Saga

1. SIX GOING ON SIXTEEN:The TWINs Saga

A Chapter by Gray Witch
"

Norah and Jacob (November 24, 2005)...They are now 7...

"

On May 1, 2012 my son Dennis, who I had given up for adoption some 44 years ago, contacted me. In June, my husband Alan and I travelled to Australia and spent three weeks getting to know him, his wife Lisa and our four new grandchildren, Jackson who was six at the time, Tammin (5), Tyla (4) and Preston (3). My grandchildren in Canada were absolutely delighted with their ‘new’ cousins with the Australian accents. Evan (10), Gibson (7), Logan (8), Norah (6), Jacob (6),  Liam (6) and Aidan(4) all took their turns on Skype talking and getting to know each other.

 

Many months later at Thanksgiving dinner, Norah who was 6 at the time turned to me and out of the blue asked, ”Grandma how come Uncle Dennis has a different father?”

 

What do they call it when you are caught like this, mid sip of a beverage and you try not to laugh, but end up spitting said libation all over the table and yourself? Choking back a smirk and coughing to hide my flustered response, I quickly glanced around the table seeing that no one seemed to notice anything out of the ordinary. I thought for a moment then replied, “He’s older”. She looked at me for a moment, and finally said, “Oh.” and went back to eating her dinner. Me? I cleaned up myself and the table and poured myself another glass of wine.

 



Norah and Jacob are twins and my eldest daughter Meegan’s youngest children. Norah has always  been older than her years. She’s the only six year old I know of that got rid of toys so that she could have a shoe tree in her room. A fashion diva. Poor Jacob. When he was a baby and couldn’t talk Norah told everyone his name was ‘baby’ and blamed him for most everything. It was hilarious, he’d just sit there all blue-eyed and blond haired, smiling, while she calmly said, “Baby or Jay-chub did it.”……

 

 

 

Jacob however has grown up into a computer whiz as well as an apt comedian himself getting into major trouble at times because of his sense of humour and inability to stop himself from being the life of the party or classroom.

 

A couple of weeks ago is a good case in point. One has to feel a little bit sorry for his teacher. Seems he discovered that he could get his classmates to laugh out loud when  he made ‘cat noises’…After this happened a couple of times and his teacher’s glare didn’t seen to be working, she walked right up to him, hands on hips looking him in the eyes and said, :”Jacob, stop it!”…then as she turned to walk away, she barely heard another murmured {m e w}…

 

At this point. the whole class started laughing once again. Struggling not to smile she again admonished him with a -:”Jacob, stop THAT this minute”…

 

Jacob nervously laughed, looking down at his desk and another {m e w} slipped out .

 

Oh, he got in MAJOR trouble but his mother and I could barely tell the story without breaking out laughing hysterically….{m e w}…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.{m e w}

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

{m e o w}

 




© 2013 Gray Witch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for sharing this delightful and heartwarming experience in you life. What a reward after 44 years of wonder.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jacob sounds so cute but I sypathise with his teacher, having had kids like him in my class. It must be amazing to reconnect with your son and his family.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gray Witch

11 Years Ago

It certainly is Claire...It's like we've always known each other though...which is nice. Having 4 ne.. read more
Children teach us so much about the joy of living. Thank you for shreing this snap shot of your family.

Posted 11 Years Ago


He's just being a good-natured little stinker, which is apt to make him all that much more loveable. It's beyond wonderful that you've reconnected with your son and new family. It's so sad, but my oldest sister gave up a child, too, but never expressed any desire to find her.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gray Witch

11 Years Ago

Thanks Sam I am writing about him finding me in my work on here called: Probabilities be Damned"... .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013
Tags: grandchildren, humour, stories


Author

Gray Witch
Gray Witch

...Meanwhile back in Canada...near Niagara Falls, Ontario.............. (<-------------¯_(ツ)_/¯ wavin'), Canada



About
Ms Daniels, (AKA - GrayWitch) is an Environmental and Social Activist, Communications Consultant to local and provincial governments, and former Nurse. She has studied Sociology, Criminology and Devia.. more..

Writing