Mean Breakup Prompt

Mean Breakup Prompt

A Story by Green Regol

Henry,

There's no nice way of saying this. Well, maybe there is, but I'm not a nice person, so I say screw the formalities and the "It's not you, it's me" crap.

Things have been awkward between us ever since our initial break-up. I only took you back because the sex was amazing, but now you can't even do that right; you keep going on about how we should talk about our feelings, or how we should establish where we really stand before getting intimate. It's downright irritating. Now the sight of you makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Also, your habit of picking your teeth with my fingernails is utterly revolting.

You're not "in love with me" or whatever; you only wanted me back so that you wouldn't be single. So I'm not gonna even bother going through the trouble of planning a visit with you to do this face-to-face.

I've arranged a romantic outing tomorrow for Dean and I, and he says he's going to ask me out. I'm not enough of a jerk to cheat on you, so here it is; we're broken up. For the next 13 hours, I am a single woman.

Don't bother calling,

Kate.

© 2018 Green Regol


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 22, 2018

Author

Green Regol
Green Regol

NJ



About
Green Regol, author of “Forgive the Monster,” hails from Pennsylvania and is a recent graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, making it out alive with a Bachelors Degree in Dra.. more..

Writing
Wasn't Me Wasn't Me

A Story by Green Regol