Fri Nov 18, 2:56 am

Fri Nov 18, 2:56 am

A Chapter by Green Regol
"

I meet a diverse couple of people on a train.

"

I’m on the train now. Been on for almost 5 hours. About ten more to go.

When I first got on I was assigned seat 55. I walked right passed it because all the little papers that said what the destination of each passenger was distracted me. When I realized my mistake I backtracked and found my seat was next to and old woman. She was asleep across both seats. I didn’t know what to do; I didn’t want to wake her up.

Luckily, she woke up on her own and sat up so I could sit before the train pulled out. We had a nice chat. Found out she’s a retired English teacher who also taught Spanish, That’s probably why she seemed interested when I told her I wanted to major in dramatic writing.

She eventually moved to an open booth so we both had one to ourselves. I made myself a comfy bed with all the sweatshirts and blankets and pillows I had. I fell asleep on and off.

Then an older guy named Jimbo sat next to me. At first I thought he was friendly. Then I learned he was creepy. He kept trying to hold me hand. Kissed my cheek. Asked if he was allowed to misbehave. I said no. He found a new seat.

The old lady who used to sit next to me opened her eyes and told me, “That was scary.” I was touched by her concern.

Sometime after she and the creep got off their stop, I fell back to sleep, woke up, and realized I had my period. Stupid me was not prepared. Now I’m bleeding, nauseous, and in the bathroom. Don’t judge me for writing in the bathroom. It helps take my mind off the agonizing pain churning in my uterus. I kinda want to be home right now, I need a pad. And pain killers.



© 2012 Green Regol


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012
Tags: train, lady, creep, english, teacher, Jimbo, old, hand, kiss, sleep, period, blood, misbehave, scary, concern, bathroom, booth, seat


Author

Green Regol
Green Regol

NJ



About
Green Regol, author of “Forgive the Monster,” hails from Pennsylvania and is a recent graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, making it out alive with a Bachelors Degree in Dra.. more..

Writing
Wasn't Me Wasn't Me

A Story by Green Regol