Unbreakable

Unbreakable

A Poem by Green
"

Inspired by watching palm trees during a hurricane

"
I watch the palm trees 
In the storm 
As the wind whips them
Back and forth 
They're jerked at all angles 
But never break 
They just snap back up 
And stand up straight
I wish that I could 
Be like those trees 
So...
Unbreakable

© 2016 Green


Author's Note

Green
Feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, the secret is not just that they bend with the wind, but for a moment they become at one with the wind [something all mystics do with God].

Posted 4 Years Ago


Wow, i love this poem! Great imagery and flow, the ending is perfect!:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Simple, fitting words. I love this analogy. Maybe you could add another word after that "so", but that just personal opinion. Maybe something like
"So painfully...
Unbreakable"
That is just my personal opinion, of course :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


There's both good things and things to work on with this poem. The good in this is the point at the end. There's a lot of poems that ramble on with big words and exaggerated emotions, but have no meaning or point to them. The good news is that you're already a step ahead of those people. For me, this poem was way too brief. There could have been so much more added to it. Like what are the winds in your life? What bends you to the point of almost breaking? Like I said, the message was good, but if you gave more of yourself in the lines, it could be even better.

Posted 7 Years Ago


okay so the last line is missing something i feel. i read it in couplets (Which im a hug fan of) but the last line is missing its second couplet and it kinda breaks the pattern. which in a way could work since by saying you wish you were unbreakable you are implying that you are broken. but at the same time this is a story about not being broken. maybe consider this? PS. this is all preference and i am by no means saying you have to change it, just a suggestion.

"I wish that I could
Be like those trees
Unbreakable
I wish that was me"

Posted 8 Years Ago


Green

8 Years Ago

No, I appreciate the review. I've been working on this one for a while. It's not quite where I want .. read more
beautiful dreamer

8 Years Ago

you're very welcome, sorry it took me so long to read it!
This poems perfect wonderful imagery and description of the palm trees I lived in a country where this would happen every year in storm season I'd imagine them all dancing to cheer up the wet locals but I like your interpretation much better very poetic!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like this. Simple, yet descriptive and to the point. Great type of poetry here. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem is so powerful and so amazing it just is so descriptive, its such a great comparison, if you were to take the palm trees place you would want to be unbreakable even throughout the roughest storms. This is one of my favorite poems so far, simple but beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very beautiful.. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This is beautiful. It just reminds me of how even in the toughest of times and in the toughest circumstances, you can survive and come out just fine. Great job. :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2016
Tags: strong, unbreakable, palm tree, tree, nature

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green