Shy?

Shy?

A Poem by Green
"

...

"
You call it shy
As a joke
In front of everyone at our meeting
And I sit there and don't respond
Confirming your accusation 
I let you
Think
Whatever you want
Because you don't know
How this time last year
I was so overwhelmed
By a life
I no longer had any control over
How every morning
My anxiety was crippling
You couldn't know 
How hard I've worked
To just be
Shy

© 2019 Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice! This is a perceptive and smart write. I understand too since I was very shy growing up. Still am.
.well done!

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Your poem flowing in River of Truth. Like person who is shy by nature .I can relate to this. Everyday it's fight how to still keep myself at this world and how to don't became just shadow. To be just shy it's quite manageable but to have anxiety is another thing. Very well done here.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I really understand all you speak. My anxiety left with other things but was replaced with being alone and stress of things can't control. Kinda funny the goals I sit to fix the things can control but the things I can't that really gets to me.

Posted 4 Years Ago


one word: amazing.
......

Posted 4 Years Ago


'.. How every morning .. My anxiety was crippling .. You couldn't know .. How hard I've worked .. To just be .. Shy .. '

To admit in such clarity how you've felt, what you've experience shows real inner strength to me. You've turned back the facade and in a way re. constructed your pain into being understandable yet - private. Plus, and amazingly, you've used such fine language to express yourself.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Its not easy to live through your biggest fears i have both succeeded and failed my takeaway one faced one not

Posted 4 Years Ago


These things are so true in the lives of many. Thanks for spotlighting this in a great poem!

Posted 4 Years Ago


You've come a long way... catch your breath you earned it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I can just feel how the pain carved your bones into a hollow ache. For someone to make fun of that in any way is just so hurtful. You showed so much strength in the silence, letting her words roll off her tongue like a stupid stone. I hope it crushed her foot! :-)

Posted 4 Years Ago


I read here exceptional strength, the narrator showing up when the past might have prevented her from leaving the confines of a bedroom or home. "Shy" is often used by the shallow. It's an easy, often inaccurate label, people try to affix to others. It's says little, other than the person hasn't taken the time to know you or your life. You've captured that brilliantly here. A well-written poem.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

143 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 5, 2019
Last Updated on October 5, 2019

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Natur Natur

A Poem by Andra Dare


Music Music

A Poem by emipoemi


Powwow Powwow

A Poem by moog-drika


He Sleeps He Sleeps

A Poem by DIVYA