Getting There

Getting There

A Poem by Green
"

...

"
I'm getting better
I'm learning how to deal
with myself... and everything else
I'm not having as many anxiety attacks
and the panic is slowly
going away
I'm coping
I'm healing
I'm living
I have entire days now
where I don't feel the overwhelming urge
to cry, or puke, or hide.
I didn't know if I was going to make it
667 days
where I wasn't sure
if this was the new normal 
or if there was ever going to be a "other side"
But finally
I think 
we're getting there

© 2020 Green


Author's Note

Green
feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Such a positive write, dear Green! You have obviously been through some troubled times, yet the positivity in the culmination of your poem tells us you are beating back the demons and forging into the light. I am a psychology PHD, so I am well aware of the effects of anxiety, so it's brilliant to see you are managing so well. A wonderful write, here.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Great G. It takes courage to expose yourself like this but people respond because our human condition is fragile even when we construct a mask for self preservation. I have bipolar myself and I've just been edging my way through an episode. Good luck to you - life is beautiful!
All the best,
Alan


Posted 3 Years Ago


You've laid your words so smoothly and emotionally yet with care.. thoughts in neat order, nothing haphazard and - that shows raw heroic skill. As to how you are after such a wretched time.. you've proved that you have amazing courage and determination and i that is a reward you truly deserve, Green.

i''m getting better = I'm learning how to deal - with myself... and everything else .. ' Loud applause.




Posted 3 Years Ago


They say time heals all things, great news!!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Great piece of poetry in kind of a story form. Great job!

Posted 4 Years Ago


especially uplifting to hear this bit of good news, when we are dealing with this awful pandemic.
The speaker in this poem (be it you or someone else) is staying very strong with the added dilemma and fear added to everything else. I think 13th line is missing "I"---But a strong poem to which many may relate.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2020
Last Updated on April 6, 2020

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..