Trust Issues

Trust Issues

A Poem by Green
"

....

"

I want to tell you

I’ve got it all planned 

I’ve run it through in my head

So many times by now

But I sit there

Unable

 

In my mind it’s all playing out 

But between us just

Silence

 

You grow impatient

You don’t understand

My body grows hotter

I panic

But I just can’t explain

 

I’d really like you to know it all.

The longer I wait

The worse the moment gets 

And then it’s like shutting down

My brain is protecting me

Or at least, I think it’s trying to

And I can’t force the words out

 

It's a trust issue

But it always just feels like

loss

© 2020 Green


Author's Note

Green
Done a little editing and I think I like it better now. Feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done! This write seems (to me at least), to be like a car starting and reving up to 60 mph. The pressure, stress....or whatever kept building. I like that!

Posted 3 Years Ago


The last two lines seem fine to me, but in the end, it all comes to what the original writer gut feeling tells her/him to do. I sometimes do-over some lines for old poems, cause I learn by time new things and have new perspectives which help me to tweak whole lines or just a specific word. All in all, good job on writing a lovely emotional poem.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think the last two lines are a kicker. I was so absorbed in this poem because I felt I was reading me.
After my first divorce it took me 20 years to trust again...Every time someone got close to me, and it was time to take the next step, I pushed that person away...it was my loss.
I like the idea of the body growing hotter, but really meaning not in a physical attraction sense, but more in an antsy sense of feeling that fire that makes us run.
I feel this is relatable and very well done.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


The pain of a deep loss in youth can indeed spawn trust issues. Sometimes they cause wrong choices in future relationships, sometimes they cause no relationships at all. The feeling mind doesn't like pain; it will go to great lengths to prevent it, even if the results are counterproductive.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2020
Last Updated on December 20, 2020

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Some Roses Some Roses

A Poem by MsJewel