Grass

Grass

A Poem by Green
"

...

"

I feel strong

Like a blade of grass is strong

Indomitable in its little bubble

But easily blown about

Or plucked from my roots

I feel strong in a way

That is so ultimately fragile

And vulnerable

© 2020 Green


Author's Note

Green
Feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a clever and lovely sentiment. Very relatable! I like how short it is, the way the words "bubble" and "blown about" sound together is also very nice. The only note I can really think of is leaving off the "is strong" in the second line so it reads: I feel strong like a blade of grass. But that's just my own personal opinion. Its a very well done poem and I loved reading this. We really are stronger for being vulnerable and what a lovely thing to compare this sentiment to.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I think I see some Walt Whitman inspo here. :) it is easy to be rigid and angry at the world. It is tough to stay tender and vulnerable. Lovely little simile piece!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Interesting philosophy in this one. The speaker talks of feeling strong like a blade of grass, which is a vulnerable thing. Perhaps there is an echo of Taoism in this, which notes the power of a gentle stream of water, which in its patient endurance wears away mighty, rigid rocks. There is indeed a strength in weakness.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I really like how you use paradox in this poem...
tender but tough...a survivor strong enough to withstand the biggest hurts, come back with the scars,
and live to be hurt another day...
excellent piece, Green.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
4 Reviews
Added on December 8, 2020
Last Updated on December 8, 2020

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green