Ink

Ink

A Poem by Green
"

...

"

I get ink stains on my fingers

because I play with my pen

when I’m thinking.

And I’ll frequently end up

with it on my face.

Some girls get racoon eyes

from their mascara.

But I get this war paint

in smears and streaks.

© 2021 Green


Author's Note

Green
Feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Better war paint on your face that can be wiped away than the scars of life etched in your heart.

Get rid of the pain with parcel and quill so that you don't burden your soul.

Letting lose the minds contraptions lets one's heart pulsate with less intensity.

Posted 3 Years Ago


War paint? Hmm, that speaks volumes. "The pen is mightier than the sword" is what it brought to mind. Nicely written poem. tyfs

Posted 3 Years Ago


This is really cute, enjoyed this write

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think there's still potential energy sitting in the contrasting the usual mascara with the smears by your pen. By that I mean you could add a little more detail there to sustain the drama. Something like a punchline effect, perhaps. Perhaps four more lines in between. I personally feel it ended too soon. So there. If you like, you could give that contrast a little more kick.

I'm saying this because this part "Some girls get racoon eyes from their mascara" felt a lot like a build up to something -- to another scene. Then I'm surprised that the following 2 lines were already the ending. In other words, the poem got me excited on that part, and I had hoped for a little more time on the crest.

I do appreciate it very much which is why I'm saying all these. I think it's something. But of course, the writer's style (you) is king -- or in your case, queen. So there. Keep writing! :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Very random....honest....and a delight!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Really nice poem. Creates a great image in the mind of the reader. Especially equating war paint with the pen.

Posted 3 Years Ago


especially like the imagery in the last four lines.

war paint, smears, streaks.
Poems.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Very revealing, and descriptive. I liked this poem very much. Especially, the last two lines.


Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2021
Last Updated on January 15, 2021

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..