Call me a witch

Call me a witch

A Poem by Green
"

...

"

Call me a witch

Isn’t that what society does

When it is threatened

By a girl

It does not understand

And does not try to

Sure, it is couched in the

Language of today

“Inconsistent”, “young”

“emotional”, “snarky”

When was a dude ever called

Snarky

So go ahead

And call me a witch

I can have no more defense

Than those who came before

© 2021 Green


Author's Note

Green
I've been sitting on this one for a little while trying to figure out how to express the frustration I've been feeling lately.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this frustration is clear and smooth, I definitely relate to it anyways!

Posted 2 Years Ago


People naturally want to blame; to find fault in others who stand out from their own way of life, doing things, or values they think you should have.

Time and age fixes all that in the way that fits.

Posted 3 Years Ago


You did well expressing your frustration, nicely expressed

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Indeed, Green! If any youthful, intelligent young lady stands her ground the insults are sure to fly at the sheer gall she has to stand and defend herself. It's like the bad old days of Salem all over again. Call us witches and B*****s because we won't bow down like the weak, dependent young ladies some expect us to be. So to hell with such types! I would rather be strong and defiant than a lapdog any day! Your frustration is deserved and your words here make your stance well known. Stand defiant, always! :))

Posted 3 Years Ago


I read this poem over and over again to try to soak in the words. To be able to burn them in my brain just to be able to understand, and the words, "When was a dude ever called snarky" popped out at me and I thought, when has a guy ever been called a "Snarky B***h" (Sorry for the salty language) ?? It sucks how many more names women can be called, but here's the deal, you don't need a defense when people call you things, they're just trying to stop you, to shut you up, they're just trying to get to you, but don't let them. I know that's easier said than done but do your best to let their words roll right off your back, or let them flow in one ear and out the other. Don't take it to heart, whether they mean it or don't. They're just jealous of who you are or who you have become, so they call you things to try to help themselves cope with how awesome YOU are, compared to themselves. Ik it's a s****y way of coping, but some people just suck. There's literally no other way to put it, some people...just suck. Good poem, 100/100 :))

Nix ❤️

Posted 3 Years Ago


and just like those in the past, you should not need a defense for being who you are...
they are so blind, those who cannot bear the strength, those who don't really try to understand...they just want you silenced...so Roar even louder.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think you have captivated you’re expression quite well here. But just remember never give up.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Let's face it. Our society doesn't look at men and women fairly. Women get name called and can't get away with as much. It sucks, but many women are indeed succeeding in spite of it. I hope someday things will be fair. For now, don't give up.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2021
Last Updated on January 16, 2021

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..