Burnt Out

Burnt Out

A Poem by Green
"

...

"

Just take it one crisis at a time

We’re fighting fires

In our minds

Let it all burn

We’ll be fine

Sometimes all I want

Is to turn and leave this all

Behind

© 2021 Green


Author's Note

Green
Feedback?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are a master of the short poetry
I am addicted

Posted 1 Year Ago


Another great write! Sometimes we want to leave what's bothering us behind, but it usually follows us! Stick it out and you'll be fine! Work through it! Great words!

Posted 2 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this small write,
I can feel the emotions

Posted 2 Years Ago


Wondering if your feelings have come about during the pandemic or before? I know, i know - the reason or time isn't important it's the helplessness that does. but.. to know the root might lead to understanding then finding a gentle remedy perhaps. Perhaps? Your words are so sad, but surely living is vital, tis a gift, best of all. There has to be a way or ways of finding how to wrap it safely and enjoy its secrets, perhaps. ' Wonderful wording, put so sincerely.. courageous too. ' Just take it one crisis at a time - We’re fighting fires - In our minds.. '

Posted 2 Years Ago


I get these thoughts. I've felt this way about many things, but mostly about my job and sometimes my relationship. But, I've found sticking it out seems better.
.thank you for your insights.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Burnout is a thing - you expressed it so well. We seek escape from our hamster wheels. Thanks for sharing...

Posted 2 Years Ago


Sometimes I want to turn and walk away from my job. This is very well expressed and flows well

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your write highlights when you feel overwhelmed, emotionally drained, and unable to meet constant demands. Social contact is nature’s antidote to stress and talking face to face with a good listener is one of the fastest ways to calm your nervous system and relieve stress. The person you talk to doesn’t have to be able to “fix” your stressors; they just have to be a good listener, someone who’ll listen attentively without becoming distracted or expressing judgment. And... there are loads of us on the W/C... great write my friend...:-)

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2021
Last Updated on May 20, 2021

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo