Buh Dum Dum

Buh Dum Dum

A Poem by Green
"

...

"

you are the song I used

to listen to

that went

dah dum 

buh dum 

dum

I will carry it

with me

slowly forgetting it

some small part

of my brain

remembering the lyrics

until I stumble 

again upon it

with my music on shuffle

and hear the chorus

that once I 

loved

© 2023 Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice poem, started a thought process for me. Im one of those people that gets jingles and any number of other annoying medleys stuck in my head for days. On rare occasion it will be a song i love, those are the days I search for.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Nice piece. It’s funny how a tune, a song will pinpoint a specific moment in your life on recall. Enjoyed it!

Posted 11 Months Ago


Beautiful.
We all have different versions of 'the song', and sometime multiple, each one for a different significant person or memory from our past.
Bittersweet, I think, when we are reminded of it.
I enjoyed this poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


That song resonates with every heart that has ever loved. It becomes a part of us forever.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I know the song you are writing about, maybe not the exact song but "the" song for sure. It had a different beat but it is still the same song. Different words/lyrics but the same song. The one that when it comes on when the music is on shuffle, your heart breaks all over again...that song right there. Really nicely conveyed theme in this wonderful poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2023
Last Updated on January 17, 2023

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
That Place That Place

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Release Release

A Poem by Chris Shaw