Distant Past

Distant Past

A Story by Greg Skura
"

A true story

"
They say life is stranger than fiction and I can certainly agree with this. Growing up on the outskirts of a small town half an hour from the big city, mom and dad had an two bedroom "A" frame house with a breezeway attached to a single car garage on a two acre lot that backed onto heavily wooded cedar valley with a creek running through it, life was simple and some what carefree. One day when my parents had left to go out to a wedding my oldest sister Sharon was looking after her four younger syblings, Denise was second in age, with brother Eric the oldest of the three boys, and me being the second youngest at six years old, and Steven following at four years old. It was a warm summer day in the late afternoon, early evening . I was in the washroom sittng on the toilet experiencing some cramps, which was usual for me, plagued with bowel problems most of my life, the sun was shining on the house in a way that a shadow could be cast into the window, being a very introverted child I daydreamed deep into my mind to distract me from my constipation pain, then the strangest thing occured, out the corner of my eye I saw someone or something looking at me. Now this would have been hard to do because the bathroom window was too high for a man to reach without a ladder. As I turned to look all that I could see was what appeared to be a pair of eyes that grew large with a look of surprise on a long thin face that had a sharp cut jaw, which quickly pulled away from the window, and turned into the shadow of what would be best described as a very large bat. At this exact same time I heard my sister Denise screaming "what is it " and Sharon say "I don't know?" then Sharon said "quick get the kids inside!" I remember hearing Steven crying, and Eric saying "what is it". I was still sitting in the washroom trying to figure out what I had just seen, because it had a face although the details were not clear from the perspective of my periferral vision. Then I heard Denise say "where are you going" and Sharon replied "I'm going to look at it"! Five or more minutes had past when I was leaving the washroom and Denise was outside the door watching Sharon in the back yard through the window. Sharon was dancing around in the yard while the flying disc hovered above. Sharon had already came inside when Denise and I reached the breezeway. I was so dumbfounded by what had happened, I did not ask them about what I had heard them screaming about nor did I tell them about what had happened to me. The years passed and every time I would sit in that bathroom and the sun was shining that certain way that a shadow could be cast in the ray of light I would sit, and turn to see if I could once again see what I saw so many years before. When I was in my forties one night I dreamed the original occurrence so the next time I was with my family I asked my sister Sharon if she remembered that day she thought about it for a little while she said "Greg, I remember we had just taken Eric, and, Steven, outside to play when, we saw something hovering over the trees of the forest it was a great big flying disk with multi colored lights, Denise and I brought Eric and Steven back into the house and I went outside to look at it and I was dancing around in the yard and then I thought about what was it there for I ran back inside as it flew away." Then Sharon said "wow Greg I never remembered that, the experience must have been so traumatic that my subconscious hid it deep into my mind and maybe thats why I been having nightmares all my life, thinking they were coming to get me." 

The second time I saw a craft it was a fall evening the sun was just starting to set, and the sky was full of twilight. I was seventeen years old, and keeping a freind company as he drove us east to the beer store. I was his backup if they wouldn't serve him they would serve me, they had since I was fifteen. Looking up into the sky from the passenger window, I noticed a very bright pure white light hovering approximately five hundred feet in the air, brighter than any light that I have seen to this day. When we got close to the light I looked at my friend to tell him about it, and a voice in my head said " he wouldn't believe it if he saw it, " and I proceeded to look back up at the light. I stared at the light for a short while then I once again went to tell my friend what was up but something inside said " this is for your eyes only."
By this time we had reached to the side of the light, it was a tubular shaped craft that had incredible amounts of pure white light pouring out of five or six large square windows with rounded edges, with a stream of bright white light flowing off the front of the ship. The window light beams were so incrediblely bright they appeared as a tube coming off the side of the bigger tube. I thought I had seen some shadow movement in the beam of light, but it is hard to say due to the last glimmer of twilight was making the transition to night. Just then my friend said something to me, and I looked away from the sky to comment on his question. when I looked back to the sky, we were now past where it had been hovering so I craned my neck around to see, but the object was gone.
We had reached the beer store about forty seconds later my buddy when inside to stock up, I jumped out of the car, and started searching the sky to see where this thing had gone. Suddenly I saw the light racing across the sky at least one hundred times faster than any plane I have ever seen at that time, and even now, as fast as I can wave my arm from side to side and than it was gone. I got back into the car and sat silently my mind racing trying to put it all together. This had all occurred over a very short period of time maybe a minute, or a minute and a half, although in the moment that it occurred, time felt like it stood still. When this occurred a total feeling of wonder and astonishment came over me. I was quite dumbfounded by the whole exprience but knew that I would have to hide it from most people or I would be viewed as a crazy lunatic.

The next incident occurred in the fall of my eighteenth year I was out on a saturday night over at my girlfriend Pennelopes' apartment which she shared with her older sister. Her sister had told her that I was not allowed to stay the night because she was tired of me being there more often than her boyfriend was. Penny and I did quite a bit of drinking that night and left her place at about two o'clock in the morning to find my way home I had purchased a car but had not yet put it on the road. So I took the bus to the highway and started hitch hiking on the ramp, the temperature was a little cool I was wearing a jean jacket to stay warm. After about fifteen minutes with my thumb out at the top of the ramp a Cadillac Seville pulls over and picks me up. The gentleman behind the wheel was probably about forty years old he asked me my name, and I told him and he said that my last name would be a good name to use for a business name. Then he proceeded to tell me that he was a contractor and he had to call his business some other name than his own because he said his name to weak and wimpy. As this conversation was taking place I was noticing a very bright light in ths sky directly ahead of us as we approached it appeared to be getting larger as if it was stopped and hovering. A short time later the fellow pulled over and left me at the side of the highway where my off ramp was located when I looked into the sky the bright light was about three hundred feet above me and about five hundred feet away from me. It was a little smaller than a full moon and extremely bright it was almost as if the light was pulsating, I could see waves of light in the overall sphere of light. as I walked east down the off ramp towards the light it appeared to be moving away from me with each step I took, I looked away hoping that it would go away. My mind started racing I remembered the one I saw the previous year but this one seemed different the way the light was pulsating. I started to think about all those abduction stories on the front of those gossip magazines, I felt as if I was losing my mind being somewhat inebriated I told my self that I was imagining this and it really isn't happening. When I looked back into the sky it was still there. I started running to the street, and turned north, and ran under the bridge from the highway, I thought that maybe I could hide. I walked along the road, and hid behind the shadow of one of the pillars waited a few minutes but when I poked my head out from the shadow, the light was still there. I continued walking north looking over my shoulder the object seemed to be maintaining it's position I reached the next street, and turned to the east as I walked along the road large trees all around the light was still there. I started freaking out I lost my mind temporarily and started screaming at the top of my lungs " what do you want from me " " what do you want " "leave me alone what did I do " my mind was once again racing with all those abduction stories. When I look back now that is the most frightened I have ever been in my life, I swear you could put a gun to my head and pull the trigger and it would not compare. I started pulling my jean jacket over my head to try and hide I have always been a coward and my colours were showing through that morning. Still screaming at the top of my lungs I must have waken the whole neighborhood. I realized that there was no beam of light trying to suck me up into their craft, no aliens were beaming down to where I was, at this I calmed my mind down and focused on walking quickly to get home. The sphere of light was completely silent and was still mimicking my movements, as the street twisted and turned. It took about fifteen minutes to walk from the ramp to my dads house and when I arrived at the side door of the house the light had gone to the east of me, and was almost hovering on the roof tops. I sat on the side landing of the house, feeling safe now that I was home, I looked at the light for about fifteen minutes, it just sat there hovering and pulsating. Finally I went inside down to my room and laid down to sleep it was about four o'clock in the morning and I was extremely tired from the commotion. When I passed out I had a dream, and in this dream I was approached by three beings two bearded men, and one woman they had very symmetrical, and somewhat muscular body structures. I ask them to take me with them and they said " we cannot you have work to do here! " And i said " show me something to prove this is not a dream " and an impression of a cylindrical shaped object with one line running from one end, to the other, it was very much like a schematic diagram.
I did not mention this to anyone for a number of years. Even people I had known all my life would look at me in disbelief, so I just left it the back corners of my mind. And only discussed it with people who were somewhat open to it, Although these experiences, had a profound impact on my life, I have arrived at the conclusion that there are many sentient beings in the universe, and we are all on a journey back to God consciousness.

© 2011 Greg Skura


Author's Note

Greg Skura
Revised

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is an amazing story. I would have truely freaked if I was to see such things! I wonder why you were continually visited but not contacted. Perhaps you will eventually find out. There have been sightings of strange occurances out my way as well...it makes me so curious as to what they are and what they want, and of course where they come from.

Thanks for sharing
Tigra

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this is an amazing story. I would have truely freaked if I was to see such things! I wonder why you were continually visited but not contacted. Perhaps you will eventually find out. There have been sightings of strange occurances out my way as well...it makes me so curious as to what they are and what they want, and of course where they come from.

Thanks for sharing
Tigra

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2011

Author

Greg Skura
Greg Skura

Pickering, Durham, Canada



About
Everything is Impression and Expression how we Interpret our Impressions will determine our Expressions! Existing as a Soul in Form I Know that Everyone is Worthwhile Whether they Know it or not! .. more..

Writing
Droplets Droplets

A Poem by Greg Skura


I Am I Am

A Poem by Greg Skura