Love Awaits

Love Awaits

A Poem by Rogue Daffodil
"

Giving over to the Goddess.

"

Love Awaits

 

 

 

I give up to the Goddess all of the emotion coursing through me. She knows the effect of this betrayal. She knows how my heart will break. She knows the feeling of sickness in my belly when I think of it. Only She can carry me through.

 

I give myself up the Goddess, for She is the eternal comforter. My tears will be shed, but She will not wipe them away. Instead, She will weep with me, and I will be purified in Her essence.

 

I give vengeance up to the Goddess, for She is the mistress of retribution, and thus will the broken pieces be made whole.

 

I give my heart up to the Goddess, to hold and to protect. May I cleave to Her bosom, to know of the Love which springs from Her own form.

 

And lastly, I give peace up to the Goddess. Only She knows the direction in which I shall travel next. But one thing I do know, is that She travels with me, and wherever I land, Love awaits.

 

Blessed Be.

 

 

7/2/2008

© 2008 Rogue Daffodil


Author's Note

Rogue Daffodil
This is a pure expression of myself. I do not want critiques, only heartfelt responses to the words and spirit of the piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very faithful and beautiful. this is reminiscent of some prayers I have read to the goddess Ishtar in my studies of world religions.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"and wherever I land, Love awaits."

A truly lovely, hope and faith filled piece.
Very calming effect, as I glided from stanza
to stanza, almost en-tranced by the words.

Beautiful work... as always!





Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, I felt at peace, and a sort of calm fell over me, and I kinda can't describe the feeling...I'm kinda/almost a self-proclaimed wiccan...So...
I liked it a lot.
=]

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow. that's all i have to say. You really know how to get your tone across to the reader!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 2, 2008
Last Updated on July 10, 2008

Author

Rogue Daffodil
Rogue Daffodil

TX



About
I am the Rogue Daffodil, the flower that blooms to herald the Spring. My petals are pure rays of Sunshine, melting into your skin like a warm, soft kiss. My fragrance is mellow and sweet.. more..

Writing